Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last transfer window Bournemouth valued him at 13 million - so it's a no-brainer not signed on a long contract probably 4.5 million in agent fees plus wages .... I can see him playing wide cutting in to help DCL like Rhico does - he is fast plus he has a strong build ....
Time will tell he is fighting for an extension on this deal too....... only thing against him, he is 29 & has an injury history ...... but so did Andy Gray.....
Well f me sideways
I understood 100% of that
@Joey66 are you trying to put @COYBL25 out of a job or is your nurse typing for you :):):)

Shrewd signing. Can play across the front line and the guy is fast, really fast, and can dribble properly - unlike Richarlison who always seems like he's about to trip over the ball. Should give us a good option from the bench and help us rotate a bit.

I think the big question for Ancelloti is how the hell can we find a system to fit Rodriguez in properly that doesn't upset the balance
In my opinion to fit James into a system you have to build a system that does not depend on him
You basically have to play with 10 men and let him do his stuff on a free rein
He is not going to effectively track back or defend so you have to factor this in
IMO you would need 2 hard working ball carrying DM who will let one sit and one go and vice versa
2 wide men who can attack ,cut inside plus track back to cover and help out the FBs
A CF who is fast mobile and will occupy the opposing CBs and a replacement on the bench
That means 4 very hard working midfielders with quality subs on the bench to give fresh legs and rotate all 4 positions
So One or two Josh king types who can play all 3 front positions and at least 2 DMs who can replace rotate with Allan and Doucoure
That leaves James to do what James does wherever he feels is the most effective ,basically a lazy No 10
Puts a lot of strain on the team and means you need fit mobile hard working midfielders both on the pitch and on the bench
However if James hits the heights he can it could be worth it

Hopefully he adds something because we NEED Europe.
we will end up in this new competition.

all-new-uefa-conference-league-logo (1).png

Status
Not open for further replies.