Jordan Rhodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbour42

Player Valuation: £500k
Hey All, haven't really posted on this before but i've read through some of the topics over the last couple months. Wanted to raise the idea of Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield, a mate of mine gave me a hint that Moyes was sending a scout to look at him, the kids been scoring goals for fun in league one and just got his first Scotland cap, seems like his biggest strengths are movement and a strong header of the ball, he's obviously being overhyped at the moment but he looks a good prospect.

We've got a good prospect thats a strong header of the ball etc in Vellios. Plus Joao Silva fits the same bill, although who knows if he'll get a chance with us.

No point stockpiling on similar players. We need an experienced, dependable scorer, not another 'fingers-crossed for next season' guy.

I think it would be worth a punt, i think Rhodes may fit straight in, he is more of a team player than say Beckford, his movement is good, which is something we desperately need up front. I think he is currently ahead of both Vellios & Silva, in that he is getting games, and gaining more experience.

I would have him at Everton, given the option, as i don't think Vellios or Silva are going to be good enough anyway....just my point of view...

i think Beckford has burnt the bridges for talent coming from 2 divisions down. he might be good in the 1st div but in the prem? As for J. Silva i dont think we will see him in an everton shirt again - pity i liked him.

Rhodes is going to be a very good player and will play at Premier League level at some point. Worth it if the price is right.

Stockpile young talent. Even if we loan them back out, sign them up. We can't afford to buy them once they are proven commodities. I will only consider changing this stance after a takeover and proven funds available.

After the way that Pilkington has taken to the PL he would definately be worth a punt, though Huddersfield are not skint and we would probably have to pay upwards of five million for him.

Hey All, haven't really posted on this before but i've read through some of the topics over the last couple months. Wanted to raise the idea of Jordan Rhodes from Huddersfield, a mate of mine gave me a hint that Moyes was sending a scout to look at him, the kids been scoring goals for fun in league one and just got his first Scotland cap, seems like his biggest strengths are movement and a strong header of the ball, he's obviously being overhyped at the moment but he looks a good prospect.

Welcome Jordan mate, who you playing on the weekend?

i think Beckford has burnt the bridges for talent coming from 2 divisions down. he might be good in the 1st div but in the prem? As for J. Silva i dont think we will see him in an everton shirt again - pity i liked him.

Tbf we made a few quid on beckford. If we could try a few and if they don't make it then turn them over for a profit it wouldn't be the end off the world

He was our top goalscorer in his first season, mostly off the bench... not saying he was brilliant but he was far from crap in the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.