2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a massive bid comes in for Pickford we will sell, just as Liverpool or Spurs would and do every time one of their players catches the eye of one of the giants.

Not sure we would, we know he is our best asset now and will only get better, picking up a top keeper is very hard. As it is now we need a number 2, having too buy two keepers in one window would be impossible, he isnt going anywhere

Pickford is one of only about six people in the entire squad that we must not sell. We’ve got a good 15+ players which are dead weight if we need money to fund transfers so no thanks to any fee.

And before anyone says, when I say any fee I mean it the same way I did with Lukaku. Right now someone could realistically bid 50m because he’s just raised his profile. That’s a lot of money and probably what we would’ve got for Lukaku after his first good season with us after we bought him properly... two more top class seasons and we got nearly 100m for him. Pickford is flavour of the month right now for saving a pen, he’s not the finished article yet, he will be worth more and more as the seasons go by and in a few more years hopefully we’re ambitious and competitive enough to keep him, if not we’ll get way more than we would for him at this moment

Not sure we would, we know he is our best asset now and will only get better, picking up a top keeper is very hard. As it is now we need a number 2, having too buy two keepers in one window would be impossible, he isnt going anywhere

It depends what the word 'massive' means - I don't think we'd sell for £50m; but I think we'd sell for £70m+.

That's not a knock on Everton either; I think 99% of clubs would sell their keeper for £70m+. We're no different.

Its insane how little is needed to convince some of you guys. One good performnce at a big stage, and all the easy goals he let in last season are forgotten.
Relax people, neither Real or Barca would touch Jordan with a ten mile pole, he’s not even close to being good enough for those clubs. He’s probably good enough for a team aiming for 6th-10th, but he’s miles away from being a decend CL-level keeper.

Its insane how little is needed to convince some of you guys. One good performnce at a big stage, and all the easy goals he let in last season are forgotten.
Relax people, neither Real or Barca would touch Jordan with a ten mile pole, he’s not even close to being good enough for those clubs. He’s probably good enough for a team aiming for 6th-10th, but he’s miles away from being a decend CL-level keeper.

Good job he’s only 24 then.

24 making mistakes a 16year old would make.

De Gea making mistakes a 10 years old would in this world cup. But he's a fantastic keeper.

Keepers make mistakes mate. You cannot show me one in the history of football that never made a mistake. They get highlighted more because a keeper error can much more easily result in a goal.

De Gea making mistakes a 10 years old would in this world cup. But he's a fantastic keeper.

Keepers make mistakes mate. You cannot show me one in the history of football that never made a mistake. They get highlighted more because a keeper error can much more easily result in a goal.

Can’t win as a keeper; if you just don’t quite reach a shot and it goes in you’re hounded for weeks. The amount of one-on-one’s strikers miss that are forgotten about in 10 minutes far outweighs that.

You're banging your head, mate. Some people have clearly made their mind up on a 24 year old goalkeeper, who's just made two ridiculous saves in a World Cup.

What's happened here then... One decent save and one pen saved and now he's Superman, get a grip lads it's debatable whether he was even the best keeper on the pitch the other night. The Colombian keeper did more during the game and then saved the same amount of pens as him in the shootout didn't he ? This could be the most Bizarre over the top reaction to a performance I can recall. Of course as usual no one in real life is bigging him up and blowing it out of proportion as much as posters on the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.