2017/18 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blah blah blah blah. Your knowledge is just so much superior.

I still think Robles is just as good. The difference is certainly not worth paying an extra 30m for and the only reason we did was Koeman wanted to bin of all the Martinez men.

What happened last season? Stek was rubbish. Eventually Joel got a chance. Run of clean sheets. He made a couple of mistakes. Stek came in again and was again rubbish. Eventually Joel got a chance. Run of clean sheets. Still was replaced with someone younger and less experienced keeper.[/QRobles is not a bad goalie just don't think he is good enough for us us .i would thought he was for sale in the summer yet no one bought him .Pickford is goona be a top goalie give him time

So far... (across all comps)

Pickford 17 appearances for Everton, 31 goals conceded

Robles last season, 24 appearances, 31 goals conceded

Pointless comparison as stats don't tell the full picture. Robles was playing in a far better side than Pickford is currently.

Having said that, I also feel Robles improved a lot last season and did well enough for most of the season. His performance in the Anfield Derby and one or 2 after that ended his Everton career though as it became clear he wasn't a top class goalkeeper.

Pickford has been our best player this season and I think has the talent to be one of the best in the league. In fact i'd say he is already.

Pointless comparison as stats don't tell the full picture. Robles was playing in a far better side than Pickford is currently.

Having said that, I also feel Robles improved a lot last season and did well enough for most of the season. His performance in the Anfield Derby and one or 2 after that ended his Everton career though as it became clear he wasn't a top class goalkeeper.

Pickford has been our best player this season and I think has the talent to be one of the best in the league. In fact i'd say he is already.

Hang on no, our entire team was better last season. We had Coleman and Mori, Baines wasn't finished, there was no Martina, Schneiderlin and Gueye were actually playing well.

Pickford is better than Robles. The sooner you accept it the better for all concerned.

To be fair, I want him as with any other Everton player to succeed.

I just personally am not inspired by Pickford yet whatsoever, I might change my mind by the end of the season but who knows.

Sure the stats are skewed in some way because different team in front of the keeper etc, but in the same sense then we can't compare anyone or anything because they weren't in the exact same scenarios.

For the record, Baines was totally finished seasons back - and in the eyes of most of you Mori was the devil, etc. It is only now that our cbs are so bad that Mori is being heralded.

Thats why people watch games and form opinions. Stats don’t reveal everything particularly goals conceded for goalkeepers, otherwise nobody would have rated Pickford at all as I’m sure his goals against record last season at Sunderland would have been poor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.