2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

See I'm not so sure about that you know? Like we're still giving up loads of shots and chances but the keeper has been amazing instead of averageish. All credit to Pickford.

Pickfords form has gone under the radar. It will sound ridiculous, but probably has a claim to be the best GK in the league over the last 6 months. The hope is, that is not just a cyclical upturn but something more profound happening with age and experience.

This was the first time I've been worried when he was out. I remember when Olson was here, I preferred Pickford but wasnt overly concerned.

Anyway thinking allowed, one theory is he plays better in front of good defenders. Might explain performances with England too.

What about - he was young, good, got better, and now he's getting even better again. He's only 28!
Plus, like many of our players, he needed some solid, better players around him. Especially for a GK - a trusted, regular, settled defence is crucial. The best GK's tend to have a pretty good defence with them!

Pickfords form has gone under the radar. It will sound ridiculous, but probably has a claim to be the best GK in the league over the last 6 months. The hope is, that is not just a cyclical upturn but something more profound happening with age and experience.

This was the first time I've been worried when he was out. I remember when Olson was here, I preferred Pickford but wasnt overly concerned.

Anyway thinking allowed, one theory is he plays better in front of good defenders. Might explain performances with England too.
That's actually not wild at all to me, he's been absolutely that good for the past 6 months.

Depends on the back four in front.
He's also made more saves than any other Premier keeper this season despite missing a game with injury. Is that down to the back 4 in front of him too? In fairness some of them have been worldies. He won save of the month for September and it wasn't even his best save in that game.

Even his worst detractors have to admit he's had an excellent start to the season. Long may it continue.

If Iwobi was being asked to do the exact same things now that he was before and performing way better I would, but he's not playing RWB anymore.

Iwobi has played rwb about 5 times in his Everton career, he was useless when he signed as a winger, which is a position he's played most of his career.

He's been immense as a CM so him and Frank both deserve credit for that, but let's not pretend he was playing out of position when we originally signed him.

Iwobi has played rwb about 5 times in his Everton career, he was useless when he signed as a winger, which is a position he's played most of his career.

He's been immense as a CM so him and Frank both deserve credit for that, but let's not pretend he was playing out of position when we originally signed him.
He was quite vocal in telling Ancelotti what his best position was if I remember rightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.