2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had 2 good games last year. What about the other 36 were he cost us 20 points. He is one of the worst 5 goalys in the league no question.

Just look at Saturday as a prime example. He saved a shot that was headed from point blank range directly at him and people made out it was a world class save. It was impossible to not save it. He came out and missed 3 crosses nearly give a pen away punching there player, flapping when we cleared it off the line, spilled a 25 yard shot and then messed up a kick in injury time which nearly resulted in them going clean through. But he saved us cos a shot was hit direct at him. Utter madness how low his bar is from Everton fans.
Just checked your posting history.
Jordan Pickford has had your Mrs. hasn't he? lollol

We were relegated without him last season.

He's shown refreshing loyalty in renewing his contract (unless there's release clauses...)

He's the only player we have I don't think we can realistically improve on.

I have to politely disagree with this.

I think he brings unnecessary drama, irritation and uncertainty to the team.
I think his kicking is getting worse as is his communication and decision making.

Excellent shot stopper and someone who makes saves he sometimes has no right to.
The problem is he invariably gives away basic goals so I can't have too much excitement at the top drawer saves he makes.

What I would give for someone who is calm, reliable and simply solid.
You can see why Pope did so well under Dyche.

I think his kicking is getting worse as is his communication and decision making.

Excellent shot stopper and someone who makes saves he sometimes has no right to.
The problem is he invariably gives away basic goals so I can't have too much excitement at the top drawer saves he makes.

And yet England prefer Pickford, Pope should have had 2 reds this season for poor play, Pope's had some howlers...

And yet England prefer Pickford, Pope should have had 2 reds this season for poor play, Pope's had some howlers...

Indeed. Pickford has been solid for England and Southgate is on record as saying he is his number one.

I dont particularly rate Pope but I think he's been better than Pickford this season. Obviously I'm no Newcastle fan but I can't think of many errors he's done that's led to a goal. With Jordan I can think of a few.

I dont think being England number one is a high bar either tbh.

Indeed. Pickford has been solid for England and Southgate is on record as saying he is his number one.

I dont particularly rate Pope but I think he's been better than Pickford this season. Obviously I'm no Newcastle fan but I can't think of many errors he's done that's led to a goal. With Jordan I can think of a few.

Never seen Pickford get a completely stupid red card unlike pope though

Pickfords kept 3 clean sheets in 7 games under him it's not like he's been throwing it in his own net

Has Pope been better or has Newcastle's defence been better?

He had 2 good games last year. What about the other 36 were he cost us 20 points. He is one of the worst 5 goalys in the league no question.

Just look at Saturday as a prime example. He saved a shot that was headed from point blank range directly at him and people made out it was a world class save. It was impossible to not save it. He came out and missed 3 crosses nearly give a pen away punching there player, flapping when we cleared it off the line, spilled a 25 yard shot and then messed up a kick in injury time which nearly resulted in them going clean through. But he saved us cos a shot was hit direct at him. Utter madness how low his bar is from Everton fans.

You're funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.