2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pulled off a great save 1st half but I'm not happy with him.
If Spurs want him it might be a good idea.
GKs went and got expensive, and surely Levy will only do this on the cheap.

I don't love it, but I feel that whatever proceeds we get from player sales this summer are better invested in fixing far more glaring problems where we are more likely to get bang for our buck.

That said, if we can't get him to renew his contract then we're probably stuck cashing in.

I’d be interested to know, if we were to flog him to Spurs, or other… who we’re going to replace him with?
I like Pickford, he’s not perfect, maybe expectations are soured with history, but he’s a good goal keeper, outside the top 5 who are we having?

Burnley’s guy isn’t it.

He’s good, let him be, let him flourish instead of throwing him under the bus like we do with most players for some reason!

GKs went and got expensive, and surely Levy will only do this on the cheap.

I don't love it, but I feel that whatever proceeds we get from player sales this summer are better invested in fixing far more glaring problems where we are more likely to get bang for our buck.

That said, if we can't get him to renew his contract then we're probably stuck cashing in.
The problem with selling him is finding a buyer. Most the clubs that would be a so called step up have invested in keepers and they're better than Pickford. Other clubs won't match his wage so he won't be keen on those. We're sort of stuck which is annoying because he's not that good.

I’d be interested to know, if we were to flog him to Spurs, or other… who we’re going to replace him with?
I like Pickford, he’s not perfect, maybe expectations are soured with history, but he’s a good goal keeper, outside the top 5 who are we having?

Burnley’s guy isn’t it.

He’s good, let him be, let him flourish instead of throwing him under the bus like we do with most players for some reason!
It's really not that hard to find decent goalkeeping. Wolves brought in a guy from Greece and he's better than Pickford so far. I don't trust our scouts very much but surely they can do this.

I wish he would dominate his area like big Nev and most goalies do, I would not be bothered if he went in the summer, he makes me nervous and makes too many errors .

Status
Not open for further replies.