2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually agree with your posts but Pickford has been much better than average for the last 12 months and I’d be nervous of changing one part of our team that is performing. He’s the minimum level we should be reaching for, let’s not go lowest common denominator.
For me he's back to not making mistakes but not really making saves either. His one top performance was at Chelsea.

Ive been really impressed with Bazunu playing for Ireland. We should be tapping him up big time, he aint gonna shift Ederson any time soon. Solid offer for Pickford in the summer should be accepted.

Kelleher at FC 39 Big Stand is not going to shift Alison Becker either and has looked top notch any time I saw him.

For me he's back to not making mistakes but not really making saves either. His one top performance was at Chelsea.
He is ok by today's standard The last true great was Schmeichel at MU. The golden age of keeping has gone. They all want to 'play' but there is nobody in the PL that gives full confidence with a cross or catch. They are weak in comparison to the past.

He is ok by today's standard The last true great was Schmeichel at MU. The golden age of keeping has gone. They all want to 'play' but there is nobody in the PL that gives full confidence with a cross or catch. They are weak in comparison to the past.
Yeah as always players get slower, weaker and worse over time.

From a fairly neutral perspective (though I do look out for your scores after each game and sincerely wish you well) Pickford looks fkg dangerous on the football pitch to me. Not just vvd but with everyone anywhere near him. And for such a slight bloke he looks like a maniac. He seems very self confident and he probably isn’t as good as he or Southgate thinks he is but he always gives his best. Just sometimes he’s just found wanting coz he’s just not that great. I don’t think he inspires enormous confidence in your defence I think they are frightened sh*tales of him taking em out or making em look bad with a colossal error

Talks with Spurs about Pickford apparently.

The downgrade moves a pace.

Last decent footballer out of the door please turn the light off.

Talks with Spurs about Pickford apparently.

The downgrade moves a pace.

Last decent footballer out of the door please turn the light off.
I honestly don't think he would be an awful loss. Might even calm the defense down. I'd get right sick of a lad screaming his head off every time I *might* have done something wrong and then take no blame at all when he screws up. We might not get the worldy saves but we saw what a calming influence last year was like and I think the defenders liked it better.

Great at pens, great at shot stopping & great at 1 on 1's but everything else is weak. I don't buy into the great at kicking myth either. I get frustrated when he tries to find the winger but puts it out of play several times a game which results in the pressure just building on us again. If there is a good replacement available & lined up & also a good fee being offered then i would sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.