2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Immense yesterday. Along with most of the players tbf, but Pickford needed that.

The fact that Athletico Asthmatic absolutely hate his guts probably more than any player about at the minute makes it all the more sweet for me.

I wish he was good because they really really do hate his guts, mouth-frothingly so. They have done since even before Saint Virg’s death. If he was a good keeper I’d want him to stay forever partly for that reason.

I wish he was good because they really really do hate his guts, mouth-frothingly so. They have done since even before Saint Virg’s death. If he was a good keeper I’d want him to stay forever partly for that reason.
I’m really clinging to faint hope that yesterday’s performance might have helped him exorcise some demons, which largely started in this fixture a couple of years ago, but we’ve had false promises before a number of times, so I won’t hold my breath too much.

Would love nothing more because he does indeed live in their heads, rent free. All expenses paid.

Depending on your view of his Origi error (I still maintain it was just a complete fluke that was almost impossible to deal with and he got unlucky), he’s actually made some absolutely crucial blocks in derbies arguably denying Liverpool the league in 18/19 and getting us the win here. I’ve criticised him as much as anyone but credit where it’s due.

Jordan was #3 in my ratings of players of whom I was most critical. But fair play to him a bit of resting did him some good, judging by the derby game.

I think his strong quality is a short distance and close contact saves, he is quick in reaction there, though he really needs to improve his jumps and stretching while dealing with long-distance shots as far as he couldn't make his arms grow longer.

Almost every time the camera panned to him on Saturday he was motioning with his arms almost telling the team (or more likely himself) to calm down, remain calm.

Think there's a long way to go but I thought it was possibly his best game for us.
Yeah I noticed that as well. None of his jumping about like he’d just done a bomb of speed act which we’ve become accustomed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.