2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad should have walked for me. Let’s face it, it’s a bad tackle but talk of assault and long bans, that’s just true cult behaviour (then again this is a club that felt no action should be taken against their player racially abusing another, so it shouldn’t surprise me). As one their own (Carragher) said on sky later in the day, these things can happen. He’s made a stupid decision flying out and just tries to make himself big. Only reason it’s getting attention is because it’s one of their poster boys. Half of these crying about it have probably never stepped foot on a field in their lives at any level. This is the top level of the game, things are happening in a split second and we know Pickford’s decision making is often not all there.

This will fast turn into a player welfare issue.
He's probably got door step security on his place tonight.

Very sadly, I think you're right, judging from some of the digusting histrionics I've seen coming out on social media from our loveable, wall bothering neighbours.

I've even seen some comments that wished both Pickford & Richy were dying from AIDS - they really have no depths to sink to, as a club or fanbase.

God forbid what the gobshites actually do when we win a derby or a trophy!

We shouldn't drop Pickford though - what good would that do him following this complete over reaction from the red infested media and their customers. That would look like we agree & feel he's done something wrong along with them?!

He was rash and reckless (standard Pickford behaviour tbh) but that's all, it wasn't malicious or premeditated - you can't drop him for that.

I’ll still support Pickford, no point in giving him pelters for that challenge. It’s his style of save, he made a brilliant save versus Spurs in the same style. Extended legs closing the ball, against Spurs it worked but against Van Dijk it was mistimed.

This whole tackle saga has taken away from an otherwise decent performance, TAA and Matip header were top quality saves, especially the latter.

Forget the Henderson thing, was clearly offside no matter what the reds say.

Was a bad challenge by Pickford on Saturday how many other players have done bad tackles in their time on the pitch

How many Liverpool players have done Bad tackles on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.