2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pope apparently starting.
Pickford was never starting this one for me, 3 England games in a week was always going to have a change in goal and elsewhere, this been the friendly is the one i expected many changes-would not surprise me if they give Pickford either both next week or give him and the other keeper not in goal tonight the 3rd game

What i said Tuesday
He has not let England down, Southgate has said that many times, If it was based on Club form maybe, but he's kept 4 clean sheets in his last 4 Games for England and pretty much never make's an Error for England - 3 games though may have Southgate give one of the other's a chance, but Pickford i think will defo stick to been the Number 1till he starts doing for England what he does for Everton lately

Bit of what Southgate said
Either of Nick Pope or Dean Henderson will start between the sticks as the Three Lions welcome Wales to Wembley for a friendly, before Nations League matches against Belgium and Denmark in the following days.
And Southgate, speaking ahead of Thursday's game, discussed the form of all three of his goalkeepers including Pickford- who has come under fire for some high-profile Everton mistakes this season.
The England boss said: "I think we've got to be careful about using the three camps left in terms of where should we be as a team and in our thinking. We had no games for ten months so we've had to start again really in terms of momentum.

Clearly we know that Jordan has made errors. Nick actually made errors at the weekend and Dean has only played the League Cup game so far against changed line-ups
We will make a change tomorrow, because I think it's a good opportunity to get other people on the field.
I always go back to the fact Jordan's performances with us have been excellent, I'm not oblivious to what's happened to him at Everton but there can be lots of factors within individuals' performances at clubs

Last edited:
after the Anfield debacle you thought to your self 'ok this bellend is going to have to pull his socks up' but he is still not seeming to learn the lessons. the last cock up was a carbon copy of Anfield.

Why dont everton bring in Southall for a week to work on some basics and get his confidence up a bit? Worked well for Keanegetting his old coach back to do basics.

Do you really think a modern goalkeeper would listen to what Nev says ?
Agree on this Toast, I dont think they would, not because of his appearance, I just dont see him as having coaching ability.
Like managers, great players cant always coach.

What's Nigel Martyn up too?

Agree on this Toast, I dont think they would, not because of his appearance, I just dont see him as having coaching ability.
Like managers, great players cant always coach.

What's Nigel Martyn up too?
Nigel jibbed it all off didn’t he ?

Now if Carlo asked a few mates round to Finch Farm for a little session, that would certainly be interesting.. Buffon, Nesta and even Inzagahi to sign DCL’s shirt !!

Status
Not open for further replies.