2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
1626085939876.png

Gary Neville said Italy were always going to have the advantage on the penalties shootout because of their great goalie? I know he doesn't rate Pickford, but that statement is bizarre considering Jordan saved two.

Cash in now when we get a huge fee or keep him so we can slag him off as soon as he goes crap again?

Seriously, he has been brilliant during the tournament, hope he carries on like this next season.

Gary Neville said Italy were always going to have the advantage on the penalties shootout because of their great goalie? I know he doesn't rate Pickford, but that statement is bizarre considering Jordan saved two.
He is a great goalie, but Jordan was equal to anything and it wasn't him that let us down
Neville looks a [Poor language removed]

Cash in now when we get a huge fee or keep him so we can slag him off as soon as he goes crap again?

Seriously, he has been brilliant during the tournament, hope he carries on like this next season.
First option pls

Still can't get over just how good a save it is for the Italians goal. The angle from behind the goal shows that the ball is literally about a foot past him and he somehow managed to drag it away. But unfortunately for him, like that Colombia save, it'll just get forgotten because of what happened afterwards.
Indeed. Pickford's penalty saves should have led to lifelong legend status but for the bizarre penalty choices by Southgate. Southgate robbed him of that.

I agree with him, the camera angle from the penalty takers perspective showed it perfectly. Its a totally different proposition psychologically taking a penalty against Pickford than Donnarumma. The latter seems to genuinely swallow up the goal with his size, Pickford does the opposite. Jordan is a great pen saver but I can totally see what Neville says and I agree with him.

Still can't get over just how good a save it is for the Italians goal. The angle from behind the goal shows that the ball is literally about a foot past him and he somehow managed to drag it away. But unfortunately for him, like that Colombia save, it'll just get forgotten because of what happened afterwards.

This. Said it last night, if one of the defenders does their job and clears the rebound, that save gets replayed the way Gordon Banks's save does.

Status
Not open for further replies.