2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
His cards have been marked since his origi calamity in the derby, and tonight was just an omni-shambles from the fella - taxi please now Marcel and Carlo.

I'm sure we don't concede those goals if Virginia plays - how damning is that!?

Pickford is simply just not even a half decent goalkeeper, on any relevant metric you want to measure him on (decision making/catching/shot stopping/kicking).

As bad if not worse than Kepa, but doesn't seem to be getting the same level of stick as him from the media?

Competition has absolutely nothing to do with simple mistakes.

Maybe he could provide competition for someone else, we need an upgrade in that position, not sure we'll get it this window, but thinking bringing in a better number two is gonna make this clown perform better is wrong.

We win tonight 5-0 with Virginia in goal, yet twice we were the kick of a ball away from the lottery of pens because of him, it's not good enough.

It was more than good enough. We won 5-2.

My gut feeling is as long as Southgate is picking him #1, Carlo will be reluctant to make a big move. I have nothing to back that up. Just a gut feeling.

It’s not like he was being closed out by Aubameyang on that first goal, it’s a league one forward. Said this before, but Romero, Ulreich and Sirigu are all seemingly available veteran keepers that would take the job within a week of arriving, let‘s get one of them in (or anyone else ffs)

It was more than good enough. We won 5-2.

My gut feeling is as long as Southgate is picking him #1, Carlo will be reluctant to make a big move. I have nothing to back that up. Just a gut feeling.
Ya, someone like Carlo is waiting for a spanner like Southgate to drop him before he does.

It might not be this window, but he's on Carlo's list, and I will be so happy when the boss man gets rid, anyone with eyes and a brain sees this lad ain't good enough.

Ya, someone like Carlo is waiting for a spanner like Southgate to drop him before he does.

It might not be this window, but he's on Carlo's list, and I will be so happy when the boss man gets rid, anyone with eyes and a brain sees this lad ain't good enough.

He's been good enough in every match he's played in though, hasn't he? Stop saying stuff like that when we are undefeated.

Regarding Southgate and England when was the last time the clear cut England #1 keeper was benched/replaced by their club team so early in a season?

I'd like to add that I don't rate Jordan. I never have. His biggest bragging point when he joined was his brilliant distribution. He might ping a good ball once in a while, but he is far more likely to send a ball straight into touch or a one bouncer to the opposing keeper. I have always scratched my head at his status.

I'd like to add that I don't rate Jordan. I never have. His biggest bragging point when he joined was his brilliant distribution. He might ping a good ball once in a while, but he is far more likely to send a ball straight into touch or a one bouncer to the opposing keeper. I have always scratched my head at his status.
The amount of long balls he plays that we have no shot to even contest is completely infuriating. I think the distribution thing was based on the fact that he had the technique to be coached into someone who plays out well but it clearly hasn't happened. Maybe the technique is there but I doubt the head ever will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.