2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how pickfords at fault here myself. My observations.
1st goal... Ball comes in, we have said Pickford needs to be more positive and command his box, he has done this, and punched it it clear through a crowd of bodies, then you have Newcastle player who is free and in acres (defensively this needs to be looked at as that shouldn’t be happening we are not defensively aware or what’s around us) who picks the ball up hits, it poor defending... and a goal.

2nd goal..from kick off.. ball comes to delph (you would rather pickford in this incident to boot it clear, waste time) who does a piss poor boot up field (just passed the half way line), ball then eventually goes up in the air, Tom Davies doesn’t even attempt to win the ball backs into the player needless free kick. Free kick is taking long ball Over the top of delph, Davies and digne... 3 players basically ball watching and not watching the man. Lands to Almiron who has all the time in the world to bring it down and shoot, bit of ping ball in the box, ball gets cleared Newcastle shoot, comes off DCL head, pickford has dived and the momentum has took him behind the goal, trying to save that shot, ball comes back Newcastle defender shoots, pickford saved but behind the line, goal given.

...But yeah it’s pickford fault.Catalogue of errors defensively even before the goals, some people just aren’t opening their eyes, defensively all season we have been so poor we are not aware of danger as back four, set pieces for 2 seasons now have been an Achilles heel. But we make pickford a scapegoat. I like him and don’t think he’s solely to blame, at the minute I actually feel sorry for him. There is a bigger problem, how many times did Sidibe miss place passes yesterday and give possession away and defensively LD is shocking.

Personal opinion too, I don’t think Digne should be captain it doesn’t work and he’s not a leader. How can you be when you can’t do a job defensively as a defender yet tell others. Doesn’t rub with me.

Carlo will get this team working with the right players, at the minute it’s square pegs in round holes in some positions.

Positives. Kean and DCL both scoring.

and for once MS had a decent game.

Bernard effective in spells but needs to be involved much more for me. He’s in and out of a game too much.

I don't really think he was at fault either.

I still don't rate him that much but he was an easy target last night.

As per usual I blame the team as a whole. I'm not a fan of focusing on one player.

Sick of people saying he is a good shot stopper!

He isn't!! He makes easy saves look complicated!! A simple shot next to him and he is jumping around all over the place. This isn't good goalkeeping!!!

A good keeper will already be in a good position to make an easy save.

This guy has zero positional sense. Along with all his other crap qualities.

I don't really think he was at fault either.

I still don't rate him that much but he was an easy target last night.

As per usual I blame the team as a whole. I'm not a fan of focusing on one player.

For me come the summer we will see who CA brings in, and who he trusts, he would of had enough time to assess the squad by then.

We need a leader on that pitch too. We just haven’t got one in a squad of 25 players. Which is shocking.

He's good when he doesn't have to think , but when he does he is awful .. There is more to being a top keeper than instinctive shot stopping .

Said this a few weeks ago and I'll keep saying it until we get rid... Can't we do a straight swap for another keeper or something , someone must be interested.

Reply their first goal, is he not fouled?
whatever way if he stood there,its a free header and people would be moaning whys he not come for it,2nd goal is just bad defending by Davies and co who let that free kick float over them, the pickford behind the line thing is as said because he reacted to the previous shot and couldnt move forward fast enough,its a spiltt second-almost like a frezze frame VAR type of thing,whatever way Everton do what they always do and let us down doing what seems impossible,you cant conceed 7 90th min goals more than double the next team

Haven't even watched it back to be honest but from the ground yesterday i thought he dropped the ball from the first corner?

He had a good game up until that as well

The new scapegoat for a lot of fans.

He’s not a top class keeper but he’s decent. Has good attributes and some poorer ones.

He’s probably a bit too small for a GK and seems to have a weird balance between coming across as cocky but also being susceptible to making mistakes at crucial times.

Id keep him in the short term unless a massive offer came in for him (+40M). Not sure why other clubs would pay top dollar for him currently though

How? He had nothing to do all game, he didn't face a shot till the 93rd minute then he faced two in 60 seconds and they both went in.

He has cost us over 10 points this season at least.

Well he can't have a bad game if he didn't have nothing to do

He had a good game as in he came out and collected a few crosses well and was alrite, distribution was sound. Ok not a good game but he was sound until that point

He needs to pipe down and concentrate on his game. Remove the histrionics and gesticulations and just get on with doing the basics.

Every Hollywood save he makes or explosion of anger when he thinks the defence has let the opposition team directly leads to [Poor language removed]-ups like yesterday. His mentality isn't right and impacts on him making stupid gaffes.

Status
Not open for further replies.