2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair.

He’s had a relatively decent midfield infront of him and the defenders.

Here he’s had a defence and midfield that’s as useful as a chocolate fireguard
Don’t get me wrong, I’m largely still on Pickford’s side.

But it’s very hard to escape the feeling England is his priority.

He does have a problem with concentration, especially while playing for Everton. The other players aren’t to blame for that - though I would concede that he plays many more minutes for Everton, and as such there are many more opportunities to eff something up.

There were no fans after the restart of the season and he was making multiple clangers per game then.

You'll have to think of another excuse for him for a while.
But thats the point, there was no one there to react, so it was forgotten about right away. I've seen him make mistakes that didn't cause a goal, and the reaction has been terrible, counter productive and at times embarrassing to hear.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m largely still on Pickford’s side.

But it’s very hard to escape the feeling England is his priority.

He does have a problem with concentration, especially while playing for Everton. The other players aren’t to blame for that - though I would concede that he plays many more minutes for Everton, and as such there are many more opportunities to eff something up.

He’s certainly not got the concentration levels he should. But he doesn’t get as much protection.

He needs to up his game this season though.

He’s certainly not got the concentration levels he should. But he doesn’t get as much protection.

He needs to up his game this season though.
I agree but I also think they all need to up their game, I’m sick of seeing Bernard pushed off the ball, iwobi losing possession, Theo hitting the first man with a cross the list goes on but with a GK every error is a big error

To be fair.

He’s had a relatively decent midfield infront of him and the defenders.

Here he’s had a defence and midfield that’s as useful as a chocolate fireguard
That's what I think. We know he's a good shot stopper, and that's the 1st thing you need from a goalie. He distributes the ball well most of the time and he'll be under less pressure if the team in front of him turns out to be as good as we hope.

Oh, and this T Rex thing - I looked at him in the anthems lineup this week and his arms look long enough, to me. Not exactly chimpanzee like and he did
have gloves on, but definitely not short.

I think we are missing a trick if we don't try to sign emiliano Martinez. He's clearly available for 20 million and could be the difference of as many as 10 points for us next season. Pickford is bound to cost us at least that whereas Martinez was rock solid for arsenal and caught everything and had total command of his area at all times.

Surely you get martinez asap and flog pickford to the highest bidder and expect around 15 million

I think we are missing a trick if we don't try to sign emiliano Martinez. He's clearly available for 20 million and could be the difference of as many as 10 points for us next season. Pickford is bound to cost us at least that whereas Martinez was rock solid for arsenal and caught everything and had total command of his area at all times.

Surely you get martinez asap and flog pickford to the highest bidder and expect around 15 million
This is why i am glad the transfer window is still open for a while after season starts, there are going to be 5 games including 1 cup game between now and then. If Carlo requests one later this month, I Can see the club fully back him for it. There is a decent amount of good keepers you can get that are a massive improvement on this guy

He wasn't peppered at everton last season either, he's just crap
I don't entirely agree with the crap assessment, but rather he's been rubbish for us. I feel like a broken record, however it comes down to his mentality, or lack of.

The transfer window has been really good up to now so it's hard to grumble, but if we start the season without competition (or a replacement) then it's a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.