2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be a step too far but it isn't to say that Arsenal and Spurs have backups who are easily better.

Martinez is Arsenal's back up keeper, has been in goal for about the last 10 games and has been very good.
The Spurs back up keeper is Gazzanigga. Llorois was injured for a large spell earlier in the season so Gazzinigga must have played around 20 games (including Champions League etc.) He was unspectacular but a good back up but compared to Pickford this season, he looked a much better keeper.

Pickford was our player and young player of the season, season before last. We became Englands number 1 and had a good world cup in 2018. His form hasnt been great this season and keepers can always suffer a loss of form and it can be compounded by a lack of competition waiting in the wings.

I hate the fact that we turn our backs so quickly on players, we want to forge a team that can compete but dont allow time for it. I personally think Pickford is a top keeper that is out of form, no more than that. People dont like his attitude and conduct and he is probably a bit thick but I personally think hes a good keeper out of form.

I hope he returns to form and becomes our player of the year again and doesnt do a Joe Hart.

Who would? We can hope but I wouldn't pay money for poo, let alone 40m

Thing is teams sometimes sign players based on what they think they can develop into.

Look at us - we signed Richarlison when being honest he was awful for Watford in the 2nd half of the season yet we saw the potential.

Maybe the "England no 1" mantle will convince Lampard that with better players around him he would do enough especially when its regarded keepers get better with age.

I hope so anyway!

Martinez is Arsenal's back up keeper, has been in goal for about the last 10 games and has been very good.
The Spurs back up keeper is Gazzanigga. Llorois was injured for a large spell earlier in the season so Gazzinigga must have played around 20 games (including Champions League etc.) He was unspectacular but a good back up but compared to Pickford this season, he looked a much better keeper.

These would be cheap and not doubt want to be number 1 somewhere else

An utter clown.

If we go into next season with him we are doomed to another bottom half finish.

Ancelotti cant be happy with him. The GKs he's worked with in the past. FFS, he must have his head in his hands dealing with this fraud.

An utter clown.

If we go into next season with him we are doomed to another bottom half finish.

Ancelotti cant be happy with him. The GKs he's worked with in the past. FFS, he must have his head in his hands dealing with this fraud.
This season he was really atrocious. He has played much better, but right now he shouldn’t be in the team. But we have no competition for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.