2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell 6 years?

It literally only makes sense to tie down undeniable world class talents to contracts that long ffs
Head in hands.

He was never this bad. He has really declined. Needs to be taken out of the first team to get his head straight.

If we’re stuck with him for a few more years, we need to find a way to get his performance levels back up.

Head in hands.

He was never this bad. He has really declined. Needs to be taken out of the first team to get his head straight.

If we’re stuck with him for a few more years, we need to find a way to get his performance levels back up.

He was flying high after the world cup and came out of 17/18 with more respect than most in the team, but a 6 year deal was a massive overstatement of his worth.

...seen it so much, an overreaction with players impressing in World Cups (I call it Phil Babb syndrome). DoFs should know the game well enough to be wary of it and cash in when you have one who’s value soars above its true worth.

Think the club was desperate to get out of the "selling club" narrative, but at the end of the day if a team wants to throw silly money at a player then it should always be considered imo. There are very few players whose value to the club is much more than anyone would realistically offer. Right now only Richarlison is that for us, and even then Richarlison has proven his worth in his 3 years of PL football and handful of appearances for Brazil than Pickford has. Pickford looked good for a relegated Sunderland and a struggling 17/18 Everton, a keeper seemingly performing well at a struggling team can often be misleading.

Think the club was desperate to get out of the "selling club" narrative, but at the end of the day if a team wants to throw silly money at a player then it should always be considered imo. There are very few players whose value to the club is much more than anyone would realistically offer. Right now only Richarlison is that for us, and even then Richarlison has proven his worth in his 3 years of PL football and handful of appearances for Brazil than Pickford has. Pickford looked good for a relegated Sunderland and a struggling 17/18 Everton, a keeper seemingly performing well at a struggling team can often be misleading.

He didn't - he conceded 70+ goals, or nearly 2 a game.

Given up on a player that hasn’t played a second of football for the club, wow. Tell you what there’s one goalkeeper at the club that’s given us a reason to give up on him right now.
It wasn’t my post in the first place, but the intended meaning was that Pickford was worse than Lossl.
I don’t know about Lossl, but I can see that Pickford has had a terrible season and is far from the player we saw a few years ago.
I didn’t think he was that great then, but now he is pretty awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.