2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like vardys.
I think you're missing his point. He's not saying he's a good keeper, he's saying he's not. So the Vardy one isn't really a 'shot-stopping' issue, it's a positioning issue, which he's conceding that he's not very good at. I think the point - which I agree with - is that he's got good reactions and instinct to keep the ball out, but is severely lacking in pretty much every other department. It's why he has a great record on pens but not on anything else.

I've decided he's no better than any other of the English keepers such as Butland, Hope, Heaton, etc. He's disappointed me greatly this season, has Pickford. Still chance to improve mind you, but until we get better backup he'll continue making mistakes.

He's Mignolet 2.0.

Remember when the RS couldn't defend set pieces? Everything changed when they switched their keeper. He's a massive part of our current problems, he's rooted to his line, doesn't organise and his defenders clearly don't trust him.

His kicking, which he was known for, isn't even all that. I'd argue that he's regressed in that department. Every game there's ironic jeers from opposition fans when he boots it out for a throw.

He's Mignolet 2.0.

Remember when the RS couldn't defend set pieces? Everything changed when they switched their keeper. He's a massive part of our current problems, he's rooted to his line, doesn't organise and his defenders clearly don't trust him.

His kicking, which he was known for, isn't even all that. I'd argue that he's regressed in that department. Every game there's ironic jeers from opposition fans when he boots it out for a throw.
Nah that was clearly Van Dijk mate. They were relatively solid at the end of last season without the spotty one.

I think you're missing his point. He's not saying he's a good keeper, he's saying he's not. So the Vardy one isn't really a 'shot-stopping' issue, it's a positioning issue, which he's conceding that he's not very good at. I think the point - which I agree with - is that he's got good reactions and instinct to keep the ball out, but is severely lacking in pretty much every other department. It's why he has a great record on pens but not on anything else.
I not missing any point,so you are saying vardys shot isn't a shot, so was it a header because from where i was it looked like a shot, plus I have not seen any reaction or instinct that is not in most keeper's.

Never rated him but will admit I thought he was quiet good for England. I just felt he would just need to be careful about passing out from the back as he'd ocassionly give the ball away. This season he's gone backwards. He's very erratic and I actually don't trust him anymore. He really needs to sort out his erratic behaviour otherwise he'll be nothing but a decent defender rather than a great one the media are trying to hype him up to be.

I not missing any point,so you are saying vardys shot isn't a shot, so was it a header because from where i was it looked like a shot, plus I have not seen any reaction or instinct that is not in most keeper's.
Yeah you definitely just don't understand the concept of being 'a good shotstopper' then. That's fine, i'm not here to defend him, I've been saying he's rubbish since before we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.