2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top of the clean sheet charts for English/British goalkeepers in the Prem. Englands number one. Still young and will get better. Theres a difference between discussing the qualities of Everton players, and setting the bar so high no one will ever achieve, and slaughtering our players on here at every slight opportunity. Allison has started making mistakes for the RS now. Only Everson(?) the City keeper is a notch above Pickford, now that De Gea is have such a poor season.
Agree with u Steve I was replying to a comment about German gk Leno not Pickford.

Long may that continue!

That's why the scruffs over the park think Allison is boss, he never has to make a bloody save so is very rarely tested

Made the most mistakes leading to goals this season? Or at least top 3, and they still think he should be keeper of the season ha ha got 7 defensive minded players in front of him and still looks shaky. Good shot stopper, that's all, plenty of keepers have been like that in the prem.

....in respect of clean sheets, i’m more encouraged with the teams defending as a whole than I am with Pickford. It has been a big problem for us, but i’m chuffed we appear to be more difficult to score against.

I’m sorry, but I don’t yet trust Pickford. Newcastle away howler was too recent to forget and I still don’t think he aerially commands his box. Excellent shop stopper, though, and I accept he’s a ‘modern goalkeeper’. I’ll be ok when I can trust him, and that means a lengthy and consistent spell of just being competent.

....in respect of clean sheets, i’m more encouraged with the teams defending as a whole than I am with Pickford. It has been a big problem for us, but i’m chuffed we appear to be more difficult to score against.

I’m sorry, but I don’t yet trust Pickford. Newcastle away howler was too recent to forget and I still don’t think he aerially commands his box. Excellent shop stopper, though, and I accept he’s a ‘modern goalkeeper’. I’ll be ok when I can trust him, and that means a lengthy and consistent spell of just being competent.
Although he is a "modern" goalie, it's been interesting in the last 2 games to see Ederson commanding his box and catching crosses. He is the complete "modern" goalkeeper and the yardstick by which all other current keepers have to be measured.

He absolutely is though. Hes going through a rough patch and when you're a goalkeeper theres no place to hide on a football pitch. Hes still the 2nd best in the world.
I agree with you as an ex keeper myself....pity some people should have applied the same criteria to Pickford

I agree with you as an ex keeper myself....pity some people should have applied the same criteria to Pickford
I do think De Gea has more goodwill in the bank to get him through what is the first rough patch hes had since that first season at Utd. He also doesn't have the idiot tendencies that JP has, Newcastle being main example, which really do not help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.