2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being good at football and being good at reading /understanding football are two different things

I’m your typically average 5aside/Sunday league player. But I can read the game well so I look better than I am.

The polar opposite to a certain Ross barkley.

If you can’t see pickfords talent/potential then you can’t be very good at understanding @davek
I know what a GK is supposed to do in a game. For way too many matches this season he failed to do it.

Cant argue with any kind of form. As the man says above, 5 clean sheets in 6 games. Enough said
The way people quote clean sheets for keepers,you'd think that the defence had no part in them.Had hardly anything to do,but when he did very nearly conjured an equaliser,don't know who coaches him but he really needs to work on not putting the ball straight back into the danger zone.

The way people quote clean sheets for keepers,you'd think that the defence had no part in them.Had hardly anything to do,but when he did very nearly conjured an equaliser,don't know who coaches him but he really needs to work on not putting the ball straight back into the danger zone.

Well it works both ways.

The ever decreasing circle of pickford bashers will cite goals conceded even if he wasnt at fault for most of them.

If we get offered £50m for him and can get Pope or Butland or similar cheap, then it's a good deal. But no point if we sell fot that and have to spend the same to replace him.

Good for who?

Not for the playing squad it's not. Replace englands number 1 and one of the prems best keeper with either butland a championship mid table keeper or Pope second choice for relegation fodder

Swerve the moody shouts to sell. Cane have nothing nice with some of you "fans"

LETS SELL DIGNE FOR 40 MILL AND REPLACE HIM WID MORENO COZ DEN WELL HAVE MADE MONEY SO IT MAKES SENSE

Peter Schmeicel was one of the pre-match pundits before the Arsenal match on the Australian coverage. He spoke at length about Pickford and
rated him a good goalie who would benefit if he had a good coach who would iron out his errors of judgement.

They had a list of the most goalie errors that led to goals in the prem' this season and the three worst were Begovich 5, Pickford 4 and Allison 3.
There were 3 others on 3.

Well it works both ways.

The ever decreasing circle of pickford bashers will cite goals conceded even if he wasnt at fault for most of them.
Don't think people are bashing him so much as pointing out he isn't the keeper that the English media tried to make out he was during and after the World Cup.On his day an excellent shot stopper,but a few areas of his game he needs to work on.That punch on Sunday could and should have been nestling in our net if it had fallen to a decent striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.