2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the overhype personally. I thought he did well for us last season albeit I didn't think it was the best goalkeeping performance in a season I've seen. I would have tossed a coin between him and butland for England no 1. He had a very good tournament and suddenly he's world class and worth 70 odd million.

I personally would take him there myself for anything over 50 million, he is our best keeper but someone of his height will always be flawed in some instances and I think he can easily be replaced. I honestly and truly didn't think there is much between him and Joel who has left. Keepers are easily replaced unless if they are like de gea or courtois who are the very top level. Jordan isn't that and the money for him (If true) is much better served on an outfield player and a cheaper replacement.

I can't believe the overhype personally. I thought he did well for us last season albeit I didn't think it was the best goalkeeping performance in a season I've seen. I would have tossed a coin between him and butland for England no 1. He had a very good tournament and suddenly he's world class and worth 70 odd million.

I personally would take him there myself for anything over 50 million, he is our best keeper but someone of his height will always be flawed in some instances and I think he can easily be replaced. I honestly and truly didn't think there is much between him and Joel who has left. Keepers are easily replaced unless if they are like de gea or courtois who are the very top level. Jordan isn't that and the money for him (If true) is much better served on an outfield player and a cheaper replacement.
"Keepers are easily replaced"
What part of EVERY successful team has a TOP CLASS goalkeeper dont you under stand.
We've spent decades trying to replace Nigel Martyn.
Get in the bin lad.

So much wrong in this post dunno where to start, can imagine you advocating flogging Southall in 84 lad

BED JOHN

4 years left on his contract means they can go whistle - unless they want to massively overpay that will bankroll a spending spree that we can do right this time. Make sure we sign Butland or Pope first before everyone sees how much we get in though.

Pope has a bad injury and might be out for a while.

4 years left on his contract means they can go whistle - unless they want to massively overpay that will bankroll a spending spree that we can do right this time. Make sure we sign Butland or Pope first before everyone sees how much we get in though.
Think any selling club would figure out that if we are buying a goalie we are about to get big money for Pickford and fleece us anyway.

Butland would cost upwards of £30m, don't see how people think we could get him for £15m...

Can't see Pickford leaving for at least 2 more seasons, if we haven't moved onto the next level by then, he'll be on his way.

Chelsea would have to pay in the region of £100-120m for the club to even entertain the thought of selling him at this point (or so I'd wish).

Think any selling club would figure out that if we are buying a goalie we are about to get big money for Pickford and fleece us anyway.

It would be steep anyhow, the RS have seen to that by paying 67 million. However there is a difference if the selling club don't know how much we are getting. For all they know it could be 60 million so we end up paying around 40 for a suitable replacement, if we have already sold Pickford for 105 million we could be getting fleeced for over half that.

Status
Not open for further replies.