2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe but because he's hit a bit of bad form, some are wishing we had Joel instead. Meffs
It’s not a bit of bad form, it’s continually failing to command his six yard area, he is very poor on crosses, and with some of his saves he pushes the ball back into the line of fire instead of round the post, a good coach will help him to improve,
but he doesn’t seem to be learning from the many mistakes he makes. I hope he is on his toes tomorrow, at the moment he is an handicap to the team.

lets sign a load of players from the zingari then, if they aren't up to it, hey, all players make mistakes, just crack on lads NSNO

Great argument.

You seem to be confusing me with someone still supporting Pickford though. I’m not. He’s in absolutely woeful form.

But I am resigned to him being our keeper for ages yet because he’s still ‘rated highly’ by those at the club.

Great argument.

You seem to be confusing me with someone still supporting Pickford though. I’m not. He’s in absolutely woeful form.

But I am resigned to him being our keeper for ages yet because he’s still ‘rated highly’ by those at the club.
the correct response to your own poor argument, surely at some point the amount of mistakes made has to be too many

I'm shocked at the negativity towards pickford. It was only six months ago he was a hero in most England fans minds. There was even rumours of interest from Manchester United and people were saying he was worth at least 60 million.
I think he just needs to get a clean sheet or two and to get his confidence back.

I'm shocked at the negativity towards pickford. It was only six months ago he was a hero in most England fans minds. There was even rumours of interest from Manchester United and people were saying he was worth at least 60 million.
I think he just needs to get a clean sheet or two and to get his confidence back.

With the greatest respect I, and I’m pretty sure a lot on here, couldn’t care less how he did for England.

And play who instead? We've paid a lot of money for him, he needs to play every game. Steklenburg is too old, and playing a kid in goal is never a good idea, maybe if we're 12th with 3 games to go, but certainly not at the moment.
And that lies at the root of the problem. Pickford isn’t being pushed hard enough by a decent number 2, hence why is virtually assured of game time no matter what his performances have been like.

Status
Not open for further replies.