2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brexit, and the mooted reduction in overseas players in your squad is going to put an even bigger premium on English players, however clubs will also be more determined to get them

Seems to be pretty much par for the course at Everton, as soon as we start winning some games the papers start selling our players.
Why would a club which is investing in it's squad sell a player they can't replace?
File under fiction mate

It's just a SUNDAY rumour. They need stories so they start making them up to fill the Sunday rags.

Regardless this is a problem that teams out of the top 4/5/6 face. They are not allowed to build a team without losing some of the best players along the way thus taking a step backward. It is getting harder and harder to build a team without the big guns pouncing. We take the risks with players like Pickford and Richarlison and others and usually get derided by opposition fans and media alike for the cost of them. Then the same media and fans say they are too good for us and need to go to a top team. It is getting so difficult to build a team to join the so called elite as it is an unwanted distraction for the media.

If and it’s a big IF this is true
Just tell United to do one.
They think they are amazing. Just a club full of mancs and tourists with a t@sspot of a manager who’s lost the plot again.
Would never play for him in a million years.

Pickford is at the best club now!!!!

I'm not wanting Pickford sold but say he did go and we used the money to get a 20-25 goal a season striker instead of a 10-15 goal striker. We are better off even if his replacement let's in 8 more goals than Pickford would. Sometimes you have to sell to get a better overall and I would trust Brands and Silva to bring in the right replacements. Hopefully it's just lazy journalism and he stays but for some reason it's always our best players that seem to get unsettled when we start to pick up some form.

Some people would believe anything and panic themselves into oblivion,even though its quite obviously made up from a paper no one likes in Liverpool and thats the lead from were other papers are getting it off,add to most of the other rubbish that is wrote,next they will write hes unhappy,in the same way about 2months ago when we were losing that Jags is unhappy and leading a revolt behind the scenes and so on lol

I'm not wanting Pickford sold but say he did go and we used the money to get a 20-25 goal a season striker instead of a 10-15 goal striker. We are better off even if his replacement let's in 8 more goals than Pickford would. Sometimes you have to sell to get a better overall and I would trust Brands and Silva to bring in the right replacements. Hopefully it's just lazy journalism and he stays but for some reason it's always our best players that seem to get unsettled when we start to pick up some form.

It is not that simple though is it. You cannot guarantee a 20-25 goal striker you just have to hope. I think currently with our style of play it will be easier to get one as strikers and style of play go hand in hand. Someone can scores goals galore at one club and not many at another so style of play must come into the equation also.

Status
Not open for further replies.