2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think stek is anywhere near as bad as people make out tbh. We've bought Virginia who is highly rated but young, having stek gives us another two years or so to assess virginia and determine whether he's good enough to be backup or not.

I mean man utd have Lee grant as 3rd choice, chelsea have caballero as backup etc. Its quite hard to get two top keepers. If we had the chance to get Tom Heaton for about £7m I'd bite your hand off though.

giphy.gif

Just a thought, but, does anyone agree with me that signing a new keeper should be a priority for us. I really rate Pickford, but, if he is injured we are in big trouble, the thought of the Steck getting a run of games scares me to death. We really need a decent back up keeper. Robles would have been ideal had he not wanted first team football. Perhaps the club feel that the boy we signed from Arsenal is ready to be back up keeper.

%100
I said the summer the biggest failure was not getting a good back up keeper who knew he was back up but was willing to work and learn, after the Southampton game i knew I was right, however that Arsenal lad should be on the bench when possible and should of played in the league cup

Showed my class his minute clip in his everton clobber giving advice about bullying.

Top bloke. The fact he is England keeper means that children know about everton so no more ‘what league are they in’

Jordan has been good in the last few games, long may it continue...

Has shown his class lately & been impressive...

He has been a vital part of our recent good form & will be an important factor if we are to continue to improve...

However it should still not mask the fact that he is by far from the finished article & needs to practice on his weaknesses & mature as a solid & reliable keeper....

If he can continue to improve & mature we will have a fantastic keeper...

%100
I said the summer the biggest failure was not getting a good back up keeper who knew he was back up but was willing to work and learn, after the Southampton game i knew I was right, however that Arsenal lad should be on the bench when possible and should of played in the league cup

Hell of a summer if our biggest failure was not signing a back up keeper

I think our Jordan is a bit nuts, but in a good way if you get what I mean, he is so fired up for games.

Last week when one of our defenders cleared the ball, he was punching the air, in other words he is a winner

%100
Virginia came pretty highly rated didn't he? though still wet behind the ears. Maybe the plan is for him to become the no. 2 next season?

I think our Jordan is a bit nuts, but in a good way if you get what I mean, he is so fired up for games.

Last week when one of our defenders cleared the ball, he was punching the air, in other words he is a winner

This is what you want. Goalkeepers are like prize figthers - you need unshakeable mental belief to even get into the ring. You have to essentially believe you are unbeatable and basically be a little bit crazy to want to even do it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.