2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use to make me laugh when people who say there's 6 or 7 better keepers around when Pickford makes a mistake, then they would make a list of keepers who also make mistakes but in some cases also have a much better defence

Didn't some idiot claim that Burnley had 3 better keepers ?. The mind boggles.

That should be easy understand. They are both keepers and both come across as rather arrogant.

He has been very good though and I'm sure the defense feel quite assured with him behind them which is the main thing.
I think you're perceived arrogance is being misconstrued for what it actually is, which is confidence in his abilities which is what is needed to be a top class goalkeeper.

Just a thought, but, does anyone agree with me that signing a new keeper should be a priority for us. I really rate Pickford, but, if he is injured we are in big trouble, the thought of the Steck getting a run of games scares me to death. We really need a decent back up keeper. Robles would have been ideal had he not wanted first team football. Perhaps the club feel that the boy we signed from Arsenal is ready to be back up keeper.

Just a thought, but, does anyone agree with me that signing a new keeper should be a priority for us. I really rate Pickford, but, if he is injured we are in big trouble, the thought of the Steck getting a run of games scares me to death. We really need a decent back up keeper. Robles would have been ideal had he not wanted first team football. Perhaps the club feel that the boy we signed from Arsenal is ready to be back up keeper.
I believe that is what Joao Virginia will be from next season if all goes well at U23 level.

I don't think stek is anywhere near as bad as people make out tbh. We've bought Virginia who is highly rated but young, having stek gives us another two years or so to assess virginia and determine whether he's good enough to be backup or not.

I mean man utd have Lee grant as 3rd choice, chelsea have caballero as backup etc. Its quite hard to get two top keepers. If we had the chance to get Tom Heaton for about £7m I'd bite your hand off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.