Jonjoe kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deserves his chance next season. Would be gutted if we signed a chump like Martina over him. Unless we sign a RB good enough to challenge Coleman for the no1 spot then Kenny has to be given the nod.

I'm sure Dowell and Kenny will both get plenty of game time this pre-season.

I still stick by though that, from what I've seen of Dowell over the last two seasons, he could still do with a loan to the Championship to improve his all-round game.
Dowell is an interesting case. I think he is ready for some first team action, but is he going to play the way Koeman wants to? He tends to be capable of scoring the spectacular, and he has great ability on the ball as well as awareness. I'd almost like to see an agreement where he gets a little bit of time and if it doesn't work out perfectly (such as Davies integration into the team) give him some time on loan like you said. That could definitely be a confidence killer though. Egos aren't always easy to handle.

Dowell is an interesting case. I think he is ready for some first team action, but is he going to play the way Koeman wants to? He tends to be capable of scoring the spectacular, and he has great ability on the ball as well as awareness. I'd almost like to see an agreement where he gets a little bit of time and if it doesn't work out perfectly (such as Davies integration into the team) give him some time on loan like you said. That could definitely be a confidence killer though. Egos aren't always easy to handle.

Dowell is reminiscent of sheedy....

That's why for me mate I'd give him game time in pre-season and - barring some amazing displays which means he 'has' to stay - get him to a team that should play to his strengths but at the same time would challenge him.

Either for a season, or until Jan.

Barnsley I think could be ideal. They play good football and also aren't afraid to play youngsters. The lad is still only 19 and has time on his side. Sheff Utd could be another option as well.

That's why for me mate I'd give him game time in pre-season and - barring some amazing displays which means he 'has' to stay - get him to a team that should play to his strengths but at the same time would challenge him.

Barnsley I think could be ideal. They play good football and also aren't afraid to play youngsters. The lad is still only 19 and has time on his side. Sheff Utd could be another option as well.
This is definitely reasonable. Kenny is obviously ready to me, but Dowell isn't far off. We aren't very deep in the creative department, so I don't think he would suffer from lack of minutes in the current setup. It really depends on whether we keep Barkley and if we bring Sigurdsson (or someone else) in or not. I think summer signings will be the biggest indication of how he will handle the loans.

From what I've seen over the u23 season and the u20 I would start kenny next season. That said I would ALSO sign an experienced backup.

The commentator pundit on the eng u20 v italy game ( don know who it was ) loved him ! said he will guarantee Kenny will be a top premier league player ! has all the attributes and mentality ! having said that every pundit seems to love him ! and i love him too ! go on jonjoe ! last 6 months he's matured so much ! think back to when coleman started then went to blackpool came back a much mature player ! kenny seems to have done this in the last 6 months too ! looks a captain ! like coleman !

Boro wouldn't be a bad shout since they just hired monk so will likely play a lot more open footy now.

Status
Not open for further replies.