2020/21 JonJoe Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’l keep him to be fair, low wages, homegrown status and still young (I’d be pissed off if he sold him and signed some like sidibe)

tbh though.. when he came back I expected him to take over from Seamus and was excited to see how good he had become over the season, but was actually shocked to see a player that was just not up to it, physically or skill wise and no pace.. Seamus is far superior still... sorry to say but we need better.. far better than he offers and Seamus shouldn’t be as important to the first 11 as he has been still.. as well as he started I feel he can’t last and certainly didn’t keep up those standards

Seamus is on his last legs, if he can’t get games ahead of him now he’s never going to be good enough to be a consistent starter. Similar to Davies in that I don’t mind him as a squad player if we get Europe, but he’s very limited and probably won’t ever be good enough to start consistently, although said same about Holgate and Calvert Lewin 18 months ago

Seamus is on his last legs, if he can’t get games ahead of him now he’s never going to be good enough to be a consistent starter. Similar to Davies in that I don’t mind him as a squad player if we get Europe, but he’s very limited and probably won’t ever be good enough to start consistently, although said same about Holgate and Calvert Lewin 18 months ago
Seamus is captain though and he’s had a decent season until his injury

Important to note that Kenny was out with injury for large parts of this season.
I feel this gets ignored to often, he’s still been on extremely limited minutes but since he’s been fit enough to make the squad he’s been selected as a late sub in the final minutes of the game. This shows that he’s at least somewhat i Carlo’s plans.

every time I see his name I'm just gonna remember him coming on against Arsenal and was in the position for a brief moment where Richarlison usually runs into and Carragher goes "Is that Jonjoe Kenny?!" I'm still chuckling.

I feel this gets ignored to often, he’s still been on extremely limited minutes but since he’s been fit enough to make the squad he’s been selected as a late sub in the final minutes of the game. This shows that he’s at least somewhat i Carlo’s plans.

Getting into the last few minutes, it is a fresh pair of legs.

He’s likely on decent money, so I see him staying until the end of next season when his contract ends, and he ends up being picked up by a relegation threatened club at best.

tbh though.. when he came back I expected him to take over from Seamus and was excited to see how good he had become over the season, but was actually shocked to see a player that was just not up to it, physically or skill wise and no pace.. Seamus is far superior still... sorry to say but we need better.. far better than he offers and Seamus shouldn’t be as important to the first 11 as he has been still.. as well as he started I feel he can’t last and certainly didn’t keep up those standards
Seamus can't cross a ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.