Confirmed Signing Jonas Lossl

Status
Not open for further replies.

i'd rather take Lossl on a free, get rid of stek and get Virginia out on loan playing week in week out to progress as a player. No sense to have him sat on bench and playing the odd U-23 game. Needs minutes every week at his age.
....is the right answer. If Stek doesn't go, or Virginia doesn't get loaned out, this becomes a daft move.

Free transfer and better than Stek. That'll do for me but equally wouldn't be against a higher quality keeper to push a rather complacent Pickford. It's hard to get a high quality 2nd choice keeper though because anyone good enough to be a number 1 at a top half club is unlikely to settle for being number 2.

Lols. Pretty sure on our bench is a better life than playing in Huddersfield in the Championship every other week!
It really depends on the player,does he want to play,or just pick up a wage packet? Given how long he's been in the game he'll never starve,I'd rather have someone pushing Pickford to be No1 rather than another professional bench warmer.

The market in back up keepers is bizarre. There’s no rationale to it whatsoever. Richard Wright went to City FFS, Mourinho signed Lee Grant for United! Normal fans can’t understand it, a name is drawn out of a hat and all of a sudden it’s a done thing without any issues. Wessels, Mucha, Stekelenburg, I’d love to know the rationale behind why we identified them as our number 2 but we never will. Just trust that the weird goalkeeping scouting guys who sort this sort of thing know what they’re doing with Lössl.
Ross Turnbull to Chelsea was a good one

Free transfer and better than Stek. That'll do for me but equally wouldn't be against a higher quality keeper to push a rather complacent Pickford. It's hard to get a high quality 2nd choice keeper though because anyone good enough to be a number 1 at a top half club is unlikely to settle for being number 2.

Think it will only be for 1 season on loan before Virgina comes back after gaining experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.