Confirmed Signing Jonas Lossl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won’t be saying that when he lets one through his legs in the league cup 3rd round and we get dumped out again....

Didn’t our back up keeper at the moment already do that?

And we’re signing somebody better than him to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Fuming here.

Didn’t our back up keeper at the moment already do that?

And we’re signing somebody better than him to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Fuming here.

He did yeah that’s my point, I would arguably say that Stek is better that Lolsl.

Sure I can remember that crab making cuffs 2 diabolical errors.

I know Pickford has a couple too but one was a freak accident and the others were against Newcastle when he lost his head and got involved in something he shouldn’t have not via the fact that he can’t do the basics

Not particularly bothered by this one way or another.

Moyes had a revolving door of second choice goalkeepers whilst he had a clear and established number one in Tim Howard.

Brands and Silva will have weighed it up and likely feel that a year out on loan, playing regularly will benefit Virgina more than sitting on the bench behind Pickford. Stekelenburg has one more season on his contract too to be third choice until he comes back.

They like working with three keepers in the first team squad and Lossl is free and has been playing in the Premier League for two years. What better quality keeper are we going to be able to bring in to understudy for Pickford? Not even all of the Sky 6 sides have two top keepers.

Moyes had a revolving door of second choice goalkeepers whilst he had a clear and established number one in Tim Howard.

Brands and Silva will have weighed it up and likely feel that a year out on loan, playing regularly will benefit Virgina more than sitting on the bench behind Pickford. Stekelenburg has one more season on his contract too to be third choice until he comes back.

They like working with three keepers in the first team squad and Lossl is free and has been playing in the Premier League for two years. What better quality keeper are we going to be able to bring in to understudy for Pickford? Not even all of the Sky 6 sides have two top keepers.

They do, mate.

Muric, Cabellero, Mingolet, Vorm, Gazzaniga, Cech/Leno are all very, very good 2nd choice keepers.

I don’t know why I’m bothered to be honest.

Guess I just wanted Virginia to be back up this season.

Ah well.

There is another school of thought like. Stockpiling goalkeepers of an older age is counter-productive to the academy and sends a bad message to them. Second choice keeper should be one of the easiest routes to the first team and if you are bringing in players there then it's just congested and the academy kids will look to leave.

It just depends on the preference of your manager at the end of the day. Silva must think he'll be better served by having a more experienced understudy to Pickford in the short term and that Virginia (who he brought in) will benefit more from playing regularly on loan.

They do, mate.

Muric, Cabellero, Mingolet, Vorm, Gazzaniga, Cech/Leno are all very, very good 2nd choice keepers.
Genuinely, Mignolet is appalling. He's Claudio Bravo bad when it comes to actually stopping the ball going in the net.

Gazzaniga, every time I've seen him, whether for Spurs or Southampton, is so so bad.

Vorm I've always rated actually. Cabby agreed is a good second choice.

But generally speaking, number 2s in the PL ate nowhere near the level of the number 1 because there's very little rotation.

I don’t know why I’m bothered to be honest.

Guess I just wanted Virginia to be back up this season.

Ah well.

This. What's the point of having someone who is supposed to be talented and then don't give them a chance to get near the 1st team. He better be going on loan somewhere to either prove he is good enough or increase value so he can be sold if we get Jonas. Else it is a waste of wages.

They do, mate.

Other than Cech/Leno, none of them are top keepers though are they? Don't get me wrong, they're probably all better than Lossl but the point is that they haven't got a second choice who's anywhere near as good as their first choice. I don't think we're likely to attract a keeper of Pickford's level to play understudy to him.

The market in back up keepers is bizarre. There’s no rationale to it whatsoever. Richard Wright went to City FFS, Mourinho signed Lee Grant for United! Normal fans can’t understand it, a name is drawn out of a hat and all of a sudden it’s a done thing without any issues. Wessels, Mucha, Stekelenburg, I’d love to know the rationale behind why we identified them as our number 2 but we never will. Just trust that the weird goalkeeping scouting guys who sort this sort of thing know what they’re doing with Lössl.

Status
Not open for further replies.