Confirmed Signing Jonas Lossl

Status
Not open for further replies.
The market in back up keepers is bizarre. There’s no rationale to it whatsoever. Richard Wright went to City FFS, Mourinho signed Lee Grant for United! Normal fans can’t understand it, a name is drawn out of a hat and all of a sudden it’s a done thing without any issues. Wessels, Mucha, Stekelenburg, I’d love to know the rationale behind why we identified them as our number 2 but we never will. Just trust that the weird goalkeeping scouting guys who sort this sort of thing know what they’re doing with Lössl.
Stek wasn't signed as a number 2 at all, in fact he started our season with Koeman (dare I say even started it well?), got injured, Robles got into good form, then they kept swapping.

Then Pickford happened.

He cant let in a goal while sitting on the bench . A quality number 2 keeper ain't coming to Everton to sit on the bench.
He will be fine
I dont say this lightly but I'd rather have Maarten "The Hologram" Stekelenburg as a number 2. This bloke should be number 3 with the young Portuguese lad getting any chances he can as number 2.

He will make a stellar 8th choice goalkeeper.

The second worst first choice goalkeeper in the premier league. Waste of wages imo.
I dont say this lightly but I'd rather have Maarten "The Hologram" Stekelenburg as a number 2. This bloke should be number 3 with the young Portuguese lad getting any chances he can as number 2.

Dont remember seeing him play but just as his stats were poor he was in a dire team.

Virginia i think will be off on loan...perhaps possibly to huddersfield lol

i'd rather take Lossl on a free, get rid of stek and get Virginia out on loan playing week in week out to progress as a player. No sense to have him sat on bench and playing the odd U-23 game. Needs minutes every week at his age.

Agreed, be a waste having him sitting on the bench or playing crap U23 footy.

I suppose some would rather we had Buffon on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.