John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones is an awful defender as he makes far too many mistakes, especially when in possession.
It would be madness to weaken our defence by bringing him back here.

He got us circa £50M because the best manager in the World at the time and the richest club in the World thought he was more than potential. I did too, and still do.

And yet he could have been more. I agree he had the potential to be the next Beckenbaur, instead he is the next Buchwald or someone of that ilk. A solid and indeed good player who has won loads but not quite the best.

Again we love to love backwards for some reason. He did alright for us, he has gone now and he would be an improvement on most of our defenders but there are also better players with less flaws out there.

Stones is tainted goods for me now. Let someone else deal with his 70% brilliance and 30% shocking play.

I can remember when he had the rs's Spanish scoring machine in his back pocket,long time since we could say that about any of our CBs
yes, Capt Jags was a much more than useful CB...and if he wasn't so bad at tying his boot-laces, he would have been an even more notable skipper...

He was doing great and then his form dropped off a cliff. It all coincides with his home life going to pot. Since he got caught playing away and his mrs dumped him, his concentration levels have dipped and he keeps getting exposed. Still a good player, but needs to sort himself out mentally.
Not with us preferably.

When he was at our club it was common knowledge coaching staff would say `the lad cant defend'.

He still cant years later, hasn't got 1 bit of DNA that senses danger and knows how to deal with it properly.

We burgled City.

May be ,just may be his best position is not at the back ,with his skill on the ball it is much more forgiving in Morgan's role but if he has any guts he would never come back after the sh!t at the M62 cafe .I still feel bad that they called themselves Everton supporters.

The first season he played for us he was brilliant and at defending as well. Reckon myself, when he started playing for England, City and Chelsea were after him, it turned his head and went backwards.
That game at home v Man U, and he also scored, I thought we have a great player here, what happened.?

Status
Not open for further replies.