John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a no from me
I prefer defenders who can defend first and foremost, give me row z big bad bruiser any day of the week.
someone who will put his foot through the ball and the opposing forward at the same time, like Dave Watson used to do.
John Stones is garbage. We had Pep rar off and he knows it.

Hasn’t fulfilled his potential IMO

Good on the ball and can be composed however I think he’s another who’s ego has gotten uglier over time and is prone to mistakes and a lack on concentration. Think he could of done with a bit of strength training in the gym also.

For the wages and potential fee I think we would be better looking elsewhere.

Starts today for The Champions.
Yes, helps when you've got Ederson, D Silva, Fernandinho, Mendy, Walker around you to play out of trouble when you mess up. Even better when you've got Aguero, Bernado Silva, KDB, Ilkay, Sterling up top to out score the gaffs you cause. Wouldn't have him back in a million years, even in the England set-up he's a walking liability.

I miss conceding goals like Bournemouth did today, have him back in a shot. He dithers, plays it square to Mina who rolls it slowly back to an under pressure Pcikford who smashes off Deeney's face in to our goal, Stones turns around to the Gwladys and does the calm down, calm down motion.

It's a no btw.

Anywhere between £0 - £30m, yes. Anything above that, no thanks. He's a very talented lad and way better than some on here are making out (there are people on here who would literally pour scorn on signing any player in world football. Messi would be too old, for example!), but he hasn't proven to be at that very top level he seemed destined to be at. For £30m or less he would be an excellent signing, as others have said, though, City would likely want more.

Anywhere between £0 - £30m, yes. Anything above that, no thanks. He's a very talented lad and way better than some on here are making out (there are people on here who would literally pour scorn on signing any player in world football. Messi would be too old, for example!), but he hasn't proven to be at that very top level he seemed destined to be at. For £30m or less he would be an excellent signing, as others have said, though, City would likely want more.
If we bought him for 30m we would of spent 85m on center backs and only Mason Holgate would be good enough.

He's definitely better than Keane, in practically every department. How much better, and how his fitness is, to justify a price - I'm not sure.

If we bought him for 30m we would of spent 85m on center backs and only Mason Holgate would be good enough.
£30m only gets you a decent premier League player, not an exceptional one or even a very good one these days. Wasn't Tyrone Mings £27m or something in that ballpark?

Status
Not open for further replies.