John Giles' Best EFC XI Post 1960

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I liked Andy Gray for his attitude I certainly wouldn't put him ahead of Lukaku, Lineaker, Rooney, Sharp anI am sure there are a couple of others if I put my mind to it.

As much as Latch and Gray were good players, and very popular, I struggle to think they are our 2 best forwards/strikers in the last 60 years.

A hardy little so and so who played for donkey's years for Leeds from the early '60s through the early '70s.

He and Sandy Brown were the central figures in an infamous game at Goodison in 1964.

Brown punched Giles after a filthy tackle from the Irish man. The ref actually brought both sides off the pitch as the supporters were going mental, and such was the violence on show by all accounts.
He could play a bit though, still a dirty so & so in a dirty team that won things .....

He could play a bit though, still a dirty so & so in a dirty team that won things .....

Oh Giles could play. A terrific midfield player for years. He was genuinely full of praise for Everton in all aspects of the club, from the players over many years, Catterick and Kendall, Goodison as a ground and the general fondness for the knowledgable and passionate fans.

Not saying he was crap, but best striker of the last 50 years? Christ, I'd hope we have a few better.
No way the best the state say Sharpy was the best - not to say he learnt alot of Gray, buGray was in his twilight year with us - never trained muchashis knees needed protecting - he moved on never after that did he improve ,asI stated short term he was a great asset for us - in his Youth a great no 9 .......HK took a gamble and on him worked an inspirational signing as I posted ........

No way the best the state say Sharpy was the best - not to say he learnt alot of Gray, buGray was in his twilight year with us - never trained muchashis knees needed protecting - he moved on never after that did he improve ,asI stated short term he was a great asset for us - in his Youth a great no 9 .......HK took a gamble and on him worked an inspirational signing as I posted ........
If Sharpy was not still involved with the club, I'm convinced he would have far more adulation from our fans.
He's just always been about ( rightly so like ) and doesent have the mystique of some of our other legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.