Joey Yobo on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes isn't the only one who's tiring of him.

I'm sorry for this, and he's been a good servant to the club, but after the derby, I honestly never wanted to see him play for Everton ever again.

And he's always injured.

And he's been playing [Poor language removed].

yobo has been a good servant and should stay as a squad player but he is probably on big money so moyes may feel its too much to pay for a squad player

Signed a new contract last season so if he's gonna get sold, he'll be sold for a lot.

But cant see it. Next to Heitinga and Jags, he's the youngster compared to Neil and Distin. Neil and Distin will be gone before Yobo me thinks.

With Coleman and Duffy coming through, and looking like they have potential, I think it will be only a matter of time before we see a complete overhaul of our defense. Yobo is a top class defender on his day, but he is prone to off days at the moment.
I wouldn't rush into selling him though untill we strengthen.

Signed a new contract last season so if he's gonna get sold, he'll be sold for a lot.

But cant see it. Next to Heitinga and Jags, he's the youngster compared to Neil and Distin. Neil and Distin will be gone before Yobo me thinks.

I agree.
Both were bought as temporary measurers.

With Coleman and Duffy coming through, and looking like they have potential, I think it will be only a matter of time before we see a complete overhaul of our defense. Yobo is a top class defender on his day, but he is prone to off days at the moment.
I wouldn't rush into selling him though untill we strengthen.

This, but i would hate to see Yobo sold, Duffy will make it as a centre half, cant help having this nagging feeling that Distin was the wrong way to go.

I think its clear that Moyes will be looking around for young CBs. Yobo would possibly be the one we get money for. Hes not the best, but hes done us proud and on his day he is great.

Depends on many factors really.

This, but i would hate to see Yobo sold, Duffy will make it as a centre half, cant help having this nagging feeling that Distin was the wrong way to go.

I think Moyes panicked.
Distin will have little resale value, and though he's a good player, has showed signs of lethargy on occasions.

I'd have been much happier had he gone for the Newcastle lad, who is very young and mouldable.

deffo overpaid for distin but we got 12 mill more for lescott than he was worth so no biggy
should have gone for cahill from bolton last summer

i cant see us selling anyone before the end of season if he was to go then,fair enough everybody in football is replacable especially long term out of form players whitch imho he is

I didn't really want Distan. I saw villa were in for him, looked at the price, and laughed.

Then we signed him. He started well, but hasn't been so good lately

I think Moyes panicked.
Distin will have little resale value, and though he's a good player, has showed signs of lethargy on occasions.

I'd have been much happier had he gone for the Newcastle lad, who is very young and mouldable.

Aye mate i would have liked Shawcross, Cahill, Taylor, Kilgallon or Senderos.

5 mill was a lot for us for a 31 (now 32 year old). Surely we could have got Senderos for that.

I think Moyes panicked.

Steven Taylor you mean.

I can't help it but yes,Distin shouldn't have been signed in the first place. Taylor or Hangeland or even a cheeky move for Upson would have been good. But thank god that we had Distin for the first month or so when there was noone to play there and i'd think that he's what we needed but very soon after,he started making errors one after the other,had a shocker at hull where he couldn't even clear the crosses

Status
Not open for further replies.