2023/24 Joao Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was pleasantly surprised when he plucked the ball from the Luton players head in the 1st half. Was thinking would have Pickford claimed that. I don't know. I cannot stress the importance of keepers that come and claim crosses

That save from the one v one was absolutely class btw, proper reflex save.

I'm gutted more for him tbh than any of the other bellends in the team getting knocked out today. Produced a motm performance against Palace to watch it mean very little, plus we won't be seeing again now for the rest of the season as there's no Comps left for us.

I wouldn't be against selling Pickford if a good offer comes in, as long as the money gets a couple of decent attacking players in, and giving João a run in the team. I'm a big fan of Jordan, but we can all see we desperately need some better forward options after today's game.

I wouldn't be against selling Pickford if a good offer comes in, as long as the money gets a couple of decent attacking players in, and giving João a run in the team. I'm a big fan of Jordan, but we can all see we desperately need some better forward options after today's game.

I don’t want to sell Pickford either but we only have him, branthwaite, onnana and maybe DCL as sellable assets.

I mean assets that would bring in a decent amount of money. By decent I mean more than 30m

Based on a very small number of games admittedly, he will quite rightly feel it’s time have another go at playing every week. Certainly next season.

It feels very knee jerk after a couple of good saves and claiming a cross, but Pickford is the only one of our sellable assets that has a competent replacement already at the club.

Sell Onana and the first £20m+ needs to go on an Onana replacement, leaving little for new forwards. Selling JB and the first £20m needs to go on defrosting Keane and mothballing the entire club.

Virginia has potential, he is tall and commanding, he gets out well to narrow the angle and seems to have confidence. On the minus side, his distribution is awful. He's a work in progress for me, but, he's only 24, which in keeper terms is still quite young. Definitely good enough to be Pickford's back up for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.