Confirmed Signing Joao Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing to lose playing this kid if Silva wants to save his job. It’s quite difficult to be worst than Pickford at the moment unless you’re on a match fixing payroll.

That’s interesting, great opportunity here for you to tell us which games you’ve seen of him that allowed you to form the opinion he’s not that good.

We signed him at 18 , 19 now and the games I’ve seen him play at U23s level he’s the best young goalkeeper we’ve had for years. The perspective is though that this is U23s level, it’s a bit different commanding your area and claiming crosses , which he does well, compared to having a big PL striker giving you a clattering. It would be foolish to drop Pickford for him, but if we end up with an injury or red card requiring a keeper to step in as one off then I’d go for Virginia over Stek.
You appear to have missed the sarcasm....I have never heard of him.

Didn’t we reportedly pay £9m for this lad?

tenor.gif

Utterly unfair to throw a 19? year old kid into a PL match against Chelsea. Goalkeeper is not the same as any other position. Pickford goes lack maturity, but for sure the Virginia kid certainly will not have it, unless he is a freak developer. Nobody wants Stek so leave Pickford in until the season end and then go from there. One thing almost certain is Pickford will have lost his England spot. That might make him reflect on his behaviour. I exclude errors which all goalies make, but I cannot abide his antics. Whenever a forward gets a shot in at him, he goes raving at his own defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.