Jezza Defoe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arteta10

Player Valuation: £10m
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6938179,00.html

Saw this story on sky sports news this morning and it got me thinking....

1. How much would he cost? I recon possibly 9/10 million?
2. Could we raise that sort of money somehow?
3. Would he want to play for us? Wages/no european football etc.
4. Would you have him?

I think given a run of football hes proven to be a deadly goalscorer, possibly the type of player we need who can score from nothing inside the box? The story doesnt exactly say he's definitely off but i recon Harry would be tempted with a bid if we were to make one...there would be competition with higher wage packets tho....

Just mentioned this too. He can certainly score goals, I'd love a Klose - Defoe partnership, but for that, I will start a new FM11 game

1. I reckon under 10m, but only just
2. No.
3. No.
4. Yes.

Defoe will be turning 29 in October. I can't see us spending that much on an older player. When was the last time we spent more than 5 million on a guy older than 25? Landon Donovan was in a similar situation last year. He was 28 in the summer but Moyes couldn't pay 10 million due to his age (and slight over-valuation by the MLS).

Just thinking about it... he's a very similar player to Beckford. Except with his lack of height he would be even worse in a 4-5-1.

So there's no chance Moyes is even looking at him, because Moyes will stick to one up front until the day he dies. It seems like that anyway!

I'd have Defoe all day long for his goalscoring ability. Reckon it would probably be on a loan though. However he is an absolute tit privatly, inside information ;) So I dont want him at the club, just like Wellbeck.

Looking at who has played for - Charlton, Pompey, West Ham, Spurs I'd say he ain't going higher than the midlands...Pools pannel predicts he moves to Villa after Cashley Young sells out and moves to the ****e.

While his pace would be a welcome addition I agree what RUFS says about his lack of height while it not be a problem out on the wing, but it would be if he was to be used as a lone target man. Negatives outweigh the positives-next..

While his pace would be a welcome addition I agree what RUFS says about his lack of height while it not be a problem out on the wing, but it would be if he was to be used as a lone target man. Negatives outweigh the positives-next..

No point buying him to play on the wing though, is there? We may as well get a proper winger.

This really is a non-starter for me.

And the more I think about it, the more I realise we'd be buying an older, smaller (albeit proven) version of Beckford. Stick with Jermaine, I say.

Would be a great signing for Everton. However the fee would be too much, his wage demands too high and he'd have no interest in coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.