Jelavic Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I first heard rumpled of him signing I was furious/devastated, but I now reckon he's going to score a sh*tload for us.

Berbatov-lite.

Needs service. Knows where the goal is....but the countdown clock of "you lazy [Poor language removed]" will initiate by the time pre-season starts

Berbatov-lite.

Needs service. Knows where the goal is....but the countdown clock of "you lazy [Poor language removed]" will initiate by the time pre-season starts

I dont get this Berbatov link, he is nothing like him.

He runs more than the Yak and Saha ever did, but not as much as Denis as he is just a workhorse.

He looks decent, but still suffering from the same problem all our previous strikers have had, a complete and utter lack of service.

I dont get this Berbatov link, he is nothing like him.

He runs more than the Yak and Saha ever did, but not as much as Denis as he is just a workhorse.

From what I've seen, the Berbatov comparison is how I'd describe him. Good touch and technique, good feet, tall, no real pace, can finish but needs service.

Doesnt put himself about or hound defenders. He makes runs, yes, but all strikers should do that. What he wont be doing is chasing every punted ball to the corner flag for 90 minutes (a good thing)

That's my view. A mini-Berbatov of £5mill is a steal. Think we'll have to change tactics to get the best from him though for next season and add some creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.