2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely nobody wants to see him again? Needs loaning out to see if he can salvage a career as a footballer but it won’t be at Everton.
We need to give him minutes off the bench or in the u23s to see of there is anything there. Maybe the injuries have finished him at this level but given the investment we need to see .To bin him after forty five mins played in a two man midfield is absurd.

We need to give him minutes off the bench or in the u23s to see of there is anything there. Maybe the injuries have finished him at this level but given the investment we need to see .To bin him after forty five mins played in a two man midfield is absurd.

When do we risk throwing him on? When we are 3-0 up v Man City?

It’s not me making the decision on him but I’ll be amazed if we see him again anytime soon.

There isn;t a footballer in there. You know it and I know it.

How that turd Brands threw £25M at that is beyond comprehension. Gbamin is appalling.

Brands got rid of Gueye to get that "player" in.

In a nutshell that's Brands career at Everton.

No, he was a young player who was gaining a reputation as an up and coming star of the future, exactly the type of player that we should be signing.

Unfortunately, through no fault of his own, he suffered a series of serious injuries one after another.

He`s now at the stage, where he`s trying to get minutes to not only physically get back to where he once was, but also mentally too.

Put your very obvious " jug ears signed him, so he`s crap and always has been " agenda to one side and imagine who hard both physically and mentally it would be, to go from being crocked for the best part of two years, not playing, to getting thrown in at the deep end like he did last night.

Oh and also, Brands didn`t get rid of Gueye, PSG came in for him and he asked to go, plus he very graciously gave us an extra six months before he went.

Last edited:
Should look to sell for anything we can in January. Do similar with Gomes and let Delph’s contract expire at the end of the season. Need to start showing a bit of a ruthless streak.

F*** feeling sorry for players, who’s feeling sorry for Everton football club? That’s who I feel sorry for. Turn the squad around, clear decks.

Positional play and leaving Alan completely exposed was as bad as it gets. You'd think during all that time out he would've had that sussed.
Harsh, but someone needs to tell him Everton's midfield is not the place to resurrect his career.

He can`t be any worse than Keane.
Stick him next to Holgate and Godfrey with that midfield in front of him and I assure you he can do worse than Keane, a lot, lot worse. Wouldn’t play this guy centre back in a million years in the premier league. Didn’t look to have any positional sense, didn’t win much in the air and looked timid in the tackle…but yeah, let’s play him centre back. He’s a big unit but that’s about it.

Same with folk like Iwobi, every time he fails in a position, let’s play him somewhere else, he’ll be better there. This guys not going to be the answer for us. Move him on, along with a lot of the others and stop making excuses for what is staring you in the face.

Stick him next to Holgate and Godfrey with that midfield in front of him and I assure you he can do worse than Keane, a lot, lot worse. Wouldn’t play this guy centre back in a million years in the premier league. Didn’t look to have any positional sense, didn’t win much in the air and looked timid in the tackle…but yeah, let’s play him centre back. He’s a big unit but that’s about it.

Same with folk like Iwobi, every time he fails in a position, let’s play him somewhere else, he’ll be better there. This guys not going to be the answer for us. Move him on, along with a lot of the others and stop making excuses for what is staring you in the face.
Excellent post. The amount of chances some people want to give these proven, demonstrable serial losers is incredible. And we blame the board for lack of ambition...

Positional play and leaving Alan completely exposed was as bad as it gets. You'd think during all that time out he would've had that sussed.
Harsh, but someone needs to tell him Everton's midfield is not the place to resurrect his career.
To me he didnt look to have the mobility to cover and its not surprising when he is recovering and had no game time, it's on RB for exposing him in a two why he keeps playing two in midfield is mind numbing...

Hung out to dry last night, whether our midfield contains him or not, without Doucoure we have to play a 3 man midfield.

45 more minutes in the tank, hopefully it's something to build on but for me he gets a free pass for the next few months.

No, he was a young player who was gaining a reputation as an up and coming star of the future, exactly the type of player that we should be signing.

Unfortunately, through no fault of his own, he suffered a series of serious injuries one after another.

He`s now at the stage, where he`s trying to get minutes to not only physically get back to where he once was, but also mentally too.

Put your very obvious " jug ears signed him, so he`s crap and always has been " agenda to one side and imagine who hard both physically and mentally it would be, to go from being crocked for the best part of two years, not playing, to getting thrown in at the deep end like he did last night.

Oh and also, Brands didn`t get rid of Gueye, PSG came in for him and he asked to go, plus he very graciously gave us an extra six months before he went.
You think Gbamin is a football player, I dont.

I'm happy to let others decide who's right and wrong.

You have some amazing foresight given you can deduce all that from forty five minutes. Fella has had two nearly career ending injuries the fact he's actually back is something. I think we need to ease him in if we hope to get anything out of him. He is a big unit so will need minutes to get up to speed, if he is physically not capable the injuries will be why but we can't judge how he would have been without them...
This is why we've won f.a. for three decades: fans accepting utter trash like Gbamin.

Status
Not open for further replies.