2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suspicion that they just want rid of this lad now and know that one more injury means they won't be able to sell him at all.
Only reason you wouldn't want a tall, physically imposing player who plays DM/CB on the pitch...
Still not over the weekend, what a faeces show.

More than the amount of clubs queuing to buy a player who gets another injury at this stage.
Our midfield is threadbare and weak as it is, surely if JPG is fit enough to be listed as a substitute he's fit enough to play? Maybe he provides some grit and steel and makes the difference in some games, instead of yet more teams walzting past the likes of Davies and Gomes as they bang in a 2nd or 3rd goal. Seems bizarre to me to make sure a professional footballer doesn't play any football on the off chance he gets injured as not to put off a buyer that we don't even know exists, especially as there's 11 games and 33 points to be had before the transfer window even opens. We're paying the lad, so play the lad if he's fit enough. Nobody is buying a player with zero match fitness never mind 2 years of injuries.

Under 23's played yet again today and still no minutes for him.

That is unacceptable to have a player who hasn't player competitive football for 2 years and we don't use this standard of football to help him gain valuable fitness.

For me, I remember going to "reserve" football and watching long term injuries to Ferguson, Kanchelskis etc in the 90s. It is ridiculous that our Director of Football or Under 23 Manager hasn't used these assets to play competitive games other than training.

We can't be scared to get him injured because we have had injuries in the past and eventually they have to play so why or what is the problem?

We spent £25m and this is a question that needs answering not the usual oh he has been injured so we have to be careful look at the Dutch Legless Kopite he is back playing so why isn't Gbamin!

Under 23's played yet again today and still no minutes for him.

That is unacceptable to have a player who hasn't player competitive football for 2 years and we don't use this standard of football to help him gain valuable fitness.

For me, I remember going to "reserve" football and watching long term injuries to Ferguson, Kanchelskis etc in the 90s. It is ridiculous that our Director of Football or Under 23 Manager hasn't used these assets to play competitive games other than training.

We can't be scared to get him injured because we have had injuries in the past and eventually they have to play so why or what is the problem?

We spent £25m and this is a question that needs answering not the usual oh he has been injured so we have to be careful look at the Dutch Legless Kopite he is back playing so why isn't Gbamin!

it's madness, complete madness

We've failed this fella much more than he's failed us

Silva's fault he got injured, our medical team's complete cock up of that injury

Why isn't he playing in the U23s? Getting some minutes in his legs.

Complete mismanagement from Benitez and Brands

We've failed this fella much more than he's failed us

Silva's fault he got injured, our medical team's complete cock up of that injury
Not sure I see or agree with this conclusion. No doubt our medical dept is far from perfect, but I don't buy the idea that JPG has simply been "unlucky" or "mismanaged" either. Some people say the fact he didn't miss many games for Mainz is proof of either of those two things, but I wonder if it's more the opposite: he has significant muscle issues/injury proneness that was missed at the time of signing, and if anything, it's more a miracle his injury record wasn't worse previously (albeit in a less physical league). Either way, the lad has cost the club what must be around £35-40m in fee/wages for a couple of games in 3 years?! There surely can't be a player in the league who has been out for longer.

Our midfield is threadbare and weak as it is, surely if JPG is fit enough to be listed as a substitute he's fit enough to play? Maybe he provides some grit and steel and makes the difference in some games, instead of yet more teams walzting past the likes of Davies and Gomes as they bang in a 2nd or 3rd goal. Seems bizarre to me to make sure a professional footballer doesn't play any football on the off chance he gets injured as not to put off a buyer that we don't even know exists, especially as there's 11 games and 33 points to be had before the transfer window even opens. We're paying the lad, so play the lad if he's fit enough. Nobody is buying a player with zero match fitness never mind 2 years of injuries.
I keep reading this about players and it's just not true.

They might be "fit" enough to be listed as a sub but not fit enough to compete at full pelt without getting an injury. They might have assessed him and come to the conclusion that he's a walking disaster and we need to get rid ASAP. Only way to do that is to keep him injury free and then see if they can ship him out (even if there's only a slim chance). If he gets another injury we are stuck paying his wages until his contract is up guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.