2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can't get rid...play him and turn him into a CB (as he has played there).

His body can't handle a midfield role. Saves us some money.

Do think he's gone though cos he'd have played more minutes by now.

Cant believe people saying he looked allright. Lost the ball on 2 occassions which almost proved costly and for the rest he marked his zone more than that he actually won the ball.
Pretty sure one that Benitez tries to move on in January, even if it is a loan.

Cant believe people saying he looked allright. Lost the ball on 2 occassions which almost proved costly and for the rest he marked his zone more than that he actually won the ball.
Pretty sure one that Benitez tries to move on in January, even if it is a loan.
I watched him closely last night, as an ex midfielder I tend to watch them more, he was sharp in his first 5 metres or so closing players down, he contributed to that effort and had he not done so, thats where the holes would have been for Chelsea to exploit. Every player loses the ball, especially midfielders where it is by nature, tighter for space. Some players get hauled up over losing the ball, others don't. He came through a tough game, hopefully with out further injury, Id rather keep him that Iwobi!

There was a moment in preseason where he looked okay, but its been pretty bad stuff from the few minutes he's had since.

With the best will in the world you cant say this lad is a footballer. FFS, he's appalling - fit or not fit.

He's the jewell in the crown of Brands had off signings.

He has to be the luckiest "player" in the world: gettin paid an arm and a leg for maybe training a bit and getting 45 minutes game time every 6 months.

With the best will in the world you cant say this lad is a footballer. FFS, he's appalling - fit or not fit.

He has to be the luckiest "player" in the world: gettin paid an arm and a leg for maybe training a bit and getting 45 minutes game time every 6 months.

To be fair Dave, I don't think any person who has had to endure various injuries and operations over a period of the last two or three years would consider themselves a 'lucky' player.

As someone who has been critical of Brands recruitment, the injury woes of Gbamin were not really foreseeable. To my knowledge his career was unimpeded by injuries until he arrived at Everton. Sometimes players fall upon unexpected misfortune. Sorry to disrupt your rant , Delph on the other hand had a pretty established history of injuries and his skills were fading so I feel that's fair game to tar brands with.

To be fair Dave, I don't think any person who has had to endure various injuries and operations over a period of the last two or three years would consider themselves a 'lucky' player.
You're kidding aren't you?

He's had keyhole surgery at most and had to hit the rehab room.

In that period he's pocketed circa £6M.

As someone who has been critical of Brands recruitment, the injury woes of Gbamin were not really foreseeable. To my knowledge his career was unimpeded by injuries until he arrived at Everton. Sometimes players fall upon unexpected misfortune. Sorry to disrupt your rant , Delph on the other hand had a pretty established history of injuries and his skills were fading so I feel that's fair game to tar brands with.
Joint and soft tissue injuries since he was a teenager.

Brands was just 'kin stupid, that's all.

I watched him closely last night, as an ex midfielder I tend to watch them more, he was sharp in his first 5 metres or so closing players down, he contributed to that effort and had he not done so, thats where the holes would have been for Chelsea to exploit. Every player loses the ball, especially midfielders where it is by nature, tighter for space. Some players get hauled up over losing the ball, others don't. He came through a tough game, hopefully with out further injury, Id rather keep him that Iwobi!
Thans for the opinion, it has confirmed what I thought.

My feeling was that he did ok. Nothing earth shattering, but competent. More game time will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.