2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but we were always going to need a back up striker. Imagine the stick Benitez would have got with no striker for five weeks. you can't say it was a mistake not to replace Gbamin, when we had no leeway so to do. And how is Benitez supposed to come to an instant judgment on him. He's been injured two years, but was playing in all the run up. He's not blessed with hindsight sadly.
We have a back up striker?

The Rondon signing was a waste of a limited budget
You can have that view after six games but I think that's way too early to say. In any event, we wern't gonna not have a striker and spend that money to replace gbamn, which is what you suggested we should have done.

We have a back up striker?
he didn't play last night for more than a few minutes, but yes of course we do, the stick Rondon is getting is just off the charts for what he is. We once broke our transfer record to sign a player who went on to score zero goals from open play all season, and we're freaking out over a free transfer after six games.

he didn't play last night for more than a few minutes, but yes of course we do, the stick Rondon is getting is just off the charts for what he is. We once broke our transfer record to sign a player who went on to score zero goals from open play all season, and we're freaking out over a free transfer after six games.

What are you expecting of Rondon at the age of 32 going forward? A massive improvement?

You can have that view after six games but I think that's way too early to say. In any event, we wern't gonna not have a striker and spend that money to replace gbamn, which is what you suggested we should have done.

Do you really think he's going to improve? This isnt a young player finding his feet.
We're flogging a dead horse and even his biggest fan benitez caved in last night.
Its actualy amazing we're mid table as we've played all of this season without a forward. He's been on the pitch. But i repeat. We've played all this season without a forward

Do you really think he's going to improve? This isnt a young player finding his feet.
We're flogging a dead horse and even his biggest fan benitez caved in last night.
Its actualy amazing we're mid table as we've played all of this season without a forward. He's been on the pitch. But i repeat. We've played all this season without a forward
he didn't cave in, he played his first choice striker. that was always the plan. He was v unfit when he arrived. he took ages to get going at Newcastle, he will come good in my view.

Was it mate yeah?

The only midfielder on the bench Vs Watford was Gbamin. If you think bringing Gbamin on prevents that Watford collapse then fair enough. I don't.

I mean. As you said we were leading with the team/setup that collapsed with the exception of like for like positional change in Iwobi for Gray.

They were running through us at will, we needed to get control of the game. The choices were Gbamin, Holgate or move Townsend there. All preferable to leaving Rondon on the pitch.

he didn't cave in, he played his first choice striker. that was always the plan. He was v unfit when he arrived. he took ages to get going at Newcastle, he will come good in my view.

Richarlison is not a lead the line centre forward. He hasnt ever played well for Everton when given that role.
We havent played all season with a centre forward. As rondon's contribution has been woeful.
Again. Miracle we're mid table with that in mind.

Richarlison is not a lead the line centre forward. He hasnt ever played well for Everton when given that role.
We havent played all season with a centre forward. As rondon's contribution has been woeful.
Again. Miracle we're mid table with that in mind.
he's a striker. it's what he does for Brazil he's their no 9. did you expect him to play him and Rondon and have two up front? not with the fragiity we've been showing

Status
Not open for further replies.