2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you mate.

Not even a day between slating Benitez/saying it was common sense for Benitez to throw Gbamin on vs Watford and how it would have prevented the collapse to now saying Gbamin shouldn't have started/couldn't walk and it was "Bizzare just throwing him in"

He's either the obvious choice/midfield saviour (yesterday), or a crock who can't walk (today). Which is it?

But it turned out it was bizarre throwing him in? I asked for him or Holgate to come on for 25 minutes not start the game didn't I. If he was as rusty as he appeared last night he should have played for the U23's over the last few weeks. Because he didn't one could assume he'd have been more up to speed. That's just poor handling by the club again.

However, on the actual real point I made in the Watford game: putting on an extra body in midfield and tightening it up would have stopped us losing? It's almost like we didn't see us change shape second half last night, compress the middle and looked a lot stronger. Easy this management lark.

Funny you mate.

Not even a day between slating Benitez/saying it was common sense for Benitez to throw Gbamin on vs Watford and how it would have prevented the collapse to now saying Gbamin shouldn't have started/couldn't walk and it was "Bizzare just throwing him in"

He's either the obvious choice/midfield saviour (yesterday), or a crock who can't walk (today). Which is it?

It was clear as day that we improved when we went to 3 in the midfield against Wolves. It’s not unreasonable for us to have made the same switch when we led v Watford.

I think virtually any other manager would have done it, it was so glaringly obvious.

It was clear as day that we improved when we went to 3 in the midfield against Wolves. It’s not unreasonable for us to have made the same switch when we led v Watford.

I think virtually any other manager would have done it, it was so glaringly obvious.

Was it mate yeah?

The only midfielder on the bench Vs Watford was Gbamin. If you think bringing Gbamin on prevents that Watford collapse then fair enough. I don't.

I mean. As you said we were leading with the team/setup that collapsed with the exception of like for like positional change in Iwobi for Gray.

Would have been a much better use of a limited budget than Rondon

I'd say we probably could have afforded another loan. We were trying on deadline day
I'm sorry but we were always going to need a back up striker. Imagine the stick Benitez would have got with no striker for five weeks. you can't say it was a mistake not to replace Gbamin, when we had no leeway so to do. And how is Benitez supposed to come to an instant judgment on him. He's been injured two years, but was playing in all the run up. He's not blessed with hindsight sadly.

I'm sorry but we were always going to need a back up striker. Imagine the stick Benitez would have got with no striker for five weeks. you can't say it was a mistake not to replace Gbamin, when we had no leeway so to do. And how is Benitez supposed to come to an instant judgment on him. He's been injured two years, but was playing in all the run up. He's not blessed with hindsight sadly.
Excellent post

Well, we did have Moise Kean but decided to let him go off on a two year loan to Juve. So we created that issue by letting him go without a viable replacement who was even half of his ability.

The Rondon signing was a waste of a limited budget

Was it mate yeah?

The only midfielder on the bench Vs Watford was Gbamin. If you think bringing Gbamin on prevents that Watford collapse then fair enough. I don't.

I mean. As you said we were leading with the team/setup that collapsed with the exception of like for like positional change in Iwobi for Gray.
We could have dropped Townsend in like we did yesterday, tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.