2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just feel so sorry for him. Must have been such a rough 2 years in a new country not being able to play. Sure you could say "but he's well paid" but he could also barely even walk which isn't just a hindrance to playing football.

Wait...

Yesterday you was slating Benitez for not bringing Gbamin on against Watford.

Gbamin, or the big dope that is Holgate not coming on was Benitez' fault and why we collapsed wasn't it? lol....

I mean, I'm no manager, but if my team was getting overrun in midfield I'd bring on Holgate or Gbamin just to bolster the middle. Might be too much common sense for Benitez though. We were of course super desperate for fresh attackers when 2-1 up at home.

Because this is the bench.

View attachment 144540

He had a half fit Richarlison, and... Iwobi.

He doesn't make changes, he's slated for making no changes/fresh legs.

The other options are Gbamin. No.

Holgate at CM? Not for me.

View attachment 144540

Well it doesn't mater if Gbamin and Holgate "aren't for you" really in this example.

If you're Everton manager and you think Davies and Allan alone can stop Watford's changed shape then you're not fit for the job. Use the players you have, try something, be pragmatic. I hated him as our manager but Allardyce doesn't lose that game from that position.

Maybe throwing on the fella "who could barely even walk" wouldn't have prevented the collapse against Watford after all.

This was under Brands watch.
Three years ago ok apologies, but it proved the DOF at EFC we have blown nearly 1\2 Billion on players who are passed the sell by date.......hence the lack of depth we are five players short .......we are in for a bumpy ride Gbamin 3 & 1\2 games in 3 seasons was never the answer last night totally inept performance.....
He should have been subbed after the first 20 minutes......

It was a very disappointing performance, and hard to see where we go from here. The game was just far too fast for him and he couldn't get involved.

It was a mistake to not replace him in the summer.

I don't think he should ever be playing in competitive games for us.

We don't have the luxury of giving him game time. I remember Ancelotti put him on when we were beating Palace 1-0 and our midfield just collapsed. Finished 1-1.

Should try and loan him to a much less competitive league.

I don't think he should ever be playing in competitive games for us.

We don't have the luxury of giving him game time. I remember Ancelotti put him on when we were beating Palace 1-0 and our midfield just collapsed. Finished 1-1.

Should try and loan him to a much less competitive league.

I'm surprised he hasn't played in the 23s. He was clearly not ready to play yesterday.

Wait...

Yesterday you was slating Benitez for not bringing Gbamin on against Watford.

Gbamin, or the big dope that is Holgate not coming on was Benitez' fault and why we collapsed wasn't it? lol....

Maybe throwing on the fella "who could barely even walk" wouldn't have prevented the collapse against Watford after all.

Well yeh, he had some terrible injuries and was on crunches for ages, he's been on the bench recently and in training videos so there's an easy assumption there that he isn't now in that "barely walking" stage. Not really sure how you can't split those two scenarios apart.

Poor effort Dan but applaud the attempt.

Three years ago ok apologies, but it proved the DOF at EFC we have blown nearly 1\2 Billion on players who are passed the sell by date.......hence the lack of depth we are five players short .......we are in for a bumpy ride Gbamin 3 & 1\2 games in 3 seasons was never the answer last night totally inept performance.....
He should have been subbed after the first 20 minutes......
No worries and not to be a pedant, just it’s about time we stopped harking back to Walsh. He was a disaster but Brands has had over three years at the club now. This guy was £25 million and we’d be lucky to recoup £2.5 million. People can talk about luck but ultimately when you boil it down it’s another disastrous deal.

Loan or free transfers probably. An extra option. Our midfield is short.

I'm hoping Onyango can step up, but he is still coming back from that bad injury and is only a young lad.
we didn't have any money. that was the problem. we couldn' afford another loan or free transfer

Well yeh, he had some terrible injuries and was on crunches for ages, he's been on the bench recently and in training videos so there's an easy assumption there that he isn't now in that "barely walking" stage. Not really sure how you can't split those two scenarios apart.

Poor effort Dan but applaud the attempt.

Funny you mate.

Not even a day between slating Benitez/saying it was common sense for Benitez to throw Gbamin on vs Watford and how it would have prevented the collapse to now saying Gbamin shouldn't have started/couldn't walk and it was "Bizzare just throwing him in"

He's either the obvious choice/midfield saviour (yesterday), or a crock who can't walk (today). Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.