2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then another club offers Haaland a straight £300k and City lose out on a massive target.

Again, a player not achieving the required level of fitness or applying themselves properly is a chance every club takes on every signing and is arguably something that could and should be coached into/out of them.

I agree FFP is a garbage model but the issues have nothing to do with clubs paying elite footballers at what is essentially the market rate.

But if UEFA changed the system Haaland would have the same issue at every club in Europe meaning he would have to bugger off to China, UAE etc.

For me its a massive way of not just keeping clubs financially healthy but also see long term benefits for grass roots, clubs academies having more money available to invest, price of tickets/match day experience etc. may potentially drop or at least not increase particularly for fans at the bigger clubs.

It would also mean players like Gomes may prefer to stay on the pitch after taking a small knock instead of signalling to come off every single time or Soggy trying to score/assist instead of pointing at his team mates whilst making himself look busy.

All we do is penalise clubs/clubs owners and the average fan whilst agents and players run the game - look at Thierry Small holding the club to ransom.

But if UEFA changed the system Haaland would have the same issue at every club in Europe meaning he would have to bugger off to China, UAE etc.

For me its a massive way of not just keeping clubs financially healthy but also see long term benefits for grass roots, clubs academies having more money available to invest, price of tickets/match day experience etc. may potentially drop or at least not increase particularly for fans at the bigger clubs.

It would also mean players like Gomes may prefer to stay on the pitch after taking a small knock instead of signalling to come off every single time or Soggy trying to score/assist instead of pointing at his team mates whilst making himself look busy.

All we do is penalise clubs/clubs owners and the average fan whilst agents and players run the game - look at Thierry Small holding the club to ransom.
And then all of the investment in the PL would disappear and be sunken into China or wherever the wealth DOES go. Money follows money mate.

Then you’d end up with a great, honest product full of domestic players with integrity and it’d be exceptionally low in quality.

Small, by all accounts, wants a clear path to first team football. That kind of ambition is what you want from your talented youngsters surely? He can’t/won’t get it here so he’s off elsewhere. Fair enough.

Ballon winner.

Seriously though thought he was very good then. Pace, power, confidence. Seemed to grow into the game. Seemed to have good mental strength as well.

Didn’t expect him to be able to drive forward with so much pace.

I thought he looked excellent - terrified to get my hopes up for the lad though TBH
Yes started off a bit nervous, but after that was very good. Definitely not an holding midfielder though. But seems to go forward with the ball. A lot braver with his passing than Doucoure,

He looks great, but I just expect him to get injured every time the ball goes near him.

Genuinely, and I’m sincere when I say, I hope he’s absolutely boss for us.
Yep same especially with the luck he’s had of two long lay offs back to back. Niggling injuries can affect players but to work so hard to get back fit and get a brand new major injury must have been tough for him.

I was expecting him to just play passively and keep things moving, play safe, ease himself but in fairness he wasn’t shy and also played a pearled of a ball that Gray/Gordon got mixed up at the end.

a positive display. Hope it works out for him as he looks a real unit to hold in that midfield with the occasional drive forward.

Will we actually be able to put out a legitimate midfield 3 for once? Here’s hoping. Gives us flexibility if he stays healthy and does well. Godspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.