2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na even Sigurdsson picked up a knock at the beginning of the year, it just didn't keep him out for very long. ALL of our midfielders have been unavailable for games due to injury this season at one point or another.
Think we must have been flush with midfielders at the time of his injury. Now, we’re worse off than we were this stage last season for bodies in midfield. Quite incredible how we, as a club, find ourselves in these kind of positions consistently.

For all those writing him off, have you never seen Forest Gump?

C07B2C18-E0FC-41B1-9A8A-D9409527F5DD.jpeg

I'm just pretty annoyed about the whole situation. The lad deserved a break and this is horrible for him and the club. But we need to look at ourselves and see if anything can be done better because we cannot afford another season like this.

Injuries are part of football, but this season they have almost decimated us. I can only think of one player in our senior squad who has avoided one this year - Godfrey.

Pickford - hip issues
Olsen - some small issues
Keane - missed a couple around new year
Mina - various small injuries
Coleman - various problems
Digne - broken ankle/foot
Gomes - various small injuries
Allan - various injuries, mostly hamstring
Davies - some small problems
Doucoure - broken foot
Richarlison - concussion/head injury around new year
DCL - hamstring issues in Jan/Feb
James - various problems (but expected)
Sigurdsson - some small problems
Iwobi - various small injuries
Delph - permanently injured

I'm not sure how we can cope with that sort of list. I'm not saying we are definitely doing something wrong because we maybe aren't, but that list means we need to look into it thoroughly. I'm not sure it can all be purely bad luck.

This is the case across all teams in the league though.

It's mainly due to no pre-season or conditioning, little rest from the restart of last season, and the same amount of games to play or even condensed which add to a lot of the muscle injuries.

Add to the impact injuries in games like breaks etc which are more luck that anything.

It's frustrating but it's the type of season.

The previous two injuries fair enough. But this one we know NOTHING about.

Say for example he slipped in the shower and fractured his foot. Or really any impact injury.

That’s the medical department’s fault how?
As you say he could have obtained the injury outside football but I'm still dumbfounded at how a medical team deem a player who has only been in full contact a month ok to play in the premier league when eased into full contact preseason would make much more sense for his body . I thought it really strange he was brought into the playing squad so quick after training contact and even more so that carlo played him for his comeback recently.

As you say he could have obtained the injury outside football but I'm still dumbfounded at how a medical team deem a player who has only been in full contact a month ok to play in the premier league when eased into full contact preseason would make much more sense for his body . I thought it really strange he was brought into the playing squad so quick after training contact and even more so that carlo played him for his comeback recently.

Tbf the sensible solution is probably what they have done, but then would have been to take him out of training this week, and ease him back in afterwards.

It's all about loads and recovery.

The previous two injuries fair enough. But this one we know NOTHING about.

Say for example he slipped in the shower and fractured his foot. Or really any impact injury.

That’s the medical department’s fault how?
People were saying earlier that he was stretchered off from training.

Status
Not open for further replies.