2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta feel for the kid. I don't think this injury will have any real impact on our season but for him personally? How do you come back from this and as a club how can we put any reliance on him in the future knowing his body will likely break down.

Of course. But whats the time limit when he can play full contact football? He's been out almost 2 years.

He's had 2 huge injuries. The fact will no doubt be that his body can't hack it.
I'm just pretty annoyed about the whole situation. The lad deserved a break and this is horrible for him and the club. But we need to look at ourselves and see if anything can be done better because we cannot afford another season like this.

Injuries are part of football, but this season they have almost decimated us. I can only think of one player in our senior squad who has avoided one this year - Godfrey.

Pickford - hip issues
Olsen - some small issues
Keane - missed a couple around new year
Mina - various small injuries
Coleman - various problems
Digne - broken ankle/foot
Gomes - various small injuries
Allan - various injuries, mostly hamstring
Davies - some small problems
Doucoure - broken foot
Richarlison - concussion/head injury around new year
DCL - hamstring issues in Jan/Feb
James - various problems (but expected)
Sigurdsson - some small problems
Iwobi - various small injuries
Delph - permanently injured

I'm not sure how we can cope with that sort of list. I'm not saying we are definitely doing something wrong because we maybe aren't, but that list means we need to look into it thoroughly. I'm not sure it can all be purely bad luck.

Honestly. Its was negligent of the club to bring him back so early. Madness to have player who was out for 2 years back playing in the most physical league in the world after only ball work of a month. It might be a completely different injury but if the body isnt ready other parts can suffer by adapting to compensate. Alot of wages and money and time spend here. Disgraceful imo. The player should have started full contact in preseason. Some medical experts our club has.

I'm just pretty annoyed about the whole situation. The lad deserved a break and this is horrible for him and the club. But we need to look at ourselves and see if anything can be done better because we cannot afford another season like this.

Injuries are part of football, but this season they have almost decimated us. I can only think of one player in our senior squad who has avoided one this year - Godfrey.

Pickford - hip issues
Olsen - some small issues
Keane - missed a couple around new year
Mina - various small injuries
Coleman - various problems
Digne - broken ankle/foot
Gomes - various small injuries
Allan - various injuries, mostly hamstring
Davies - some small problems
Doucoure - broken foot
Richarlison - concussion/head injury around new year
DCL - hamstring issues in Jan/Feb
James - various problems (but expected)
Sigurdsson - some small problems
Iwobi - various small injuries
Delph - permanently injured

I'm not sure how we can cope with that sort of list. I'm not saying we are definitely doing something wrong because we maybe aren't, but that list means we need to look into it thoroughly. I'm not sure it can all be purely bad luck.
and lots of them are for weeks and weeks,not the odd game or so

We need to find somebody to blame for this.

May I suggest Ross Barkley.
phonto.jpg

Kin joke club, we really are.

In all seriousness, major scrutiny must come on the entire physio/medical department at this point. And why is it, seemingly, exclusively midfielders who are picking up injuries constantly? Just a really nasty coincidence?

The only one to escape an injury of any real sort this season is Sigurdsson. (n)

"Donachie, son of former Everton assistant-manager Willie Donachie"

As I said jobs for the boys at this club

Davide
Big Dunc
Jeffers
Unsworth
Donachie

Just off the top of my head either relatives or ex players getting gigs behind the scenes yet we cant question if they are good enough.

I think Donachie is a consultant though. He works with getting players back - which tbf he's done well (Digne etc).

It's other stuff around that.

Everything, top to bottom, must be looked at. Players' nutrition. Sleep. Training loads and intensity. General fitness - are they doing too much impact work, is it too much running for cardio - more bike work, more work in the pool instead?

There has to be a full review because we won't get anywhere without it.

There is jaw-droppingly bad luck and then there's this. £20-odd million.

Controversial this, but I'm not a medical professional, so I think it'd be a bit mad if I hammered the medical staff when I know practically none of the details on any of these injuries he's had.

If he's frigged and never going going be quite right again, unless we sign two midfielders in the summer, Tom Davies and Andre Gomes will still be getting regular football next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.