2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh that’s what I mean. They’ll just get told post these articles on these days etc. They’re so slow to info normally; get youth team results about 3 seasons after they happen haha. I’m not sure the social media department are all that up-to-date especially if he got injured yesterday.

Most of the time, posts like that one are set up in advance and programmed to release at a certain time for maximum impact.

If the injury news is true, the post could have gone out because the person responsible for the feed forgot about the post, wasn't looped in, couldn't be arsed to take it down on Sunday or even was explicitly ordered not to do so in order to avoid giving away information that might help the opposition fill out the team sheet more effectively.

That last one does sound a bit like Carlo, who likes to play his fitness hand close to the vest.

“I want to have some game time and feel more and more ready to play 90 minutes. I'm focused and will work hard to be prepared for any occasion. I want to make part of the history of Everton."

Everton's Twitter posted that quote from Gbamin just after 5pm Sunday night. It'd be remarkable if that was posted after an injury and even more remarkable if he'd been involved in a training ground injury sometime between 5 on a Sunday evening and Monday morning.

About 75% of the tweets you see from clubs are scheduled in advance. The social media team won't be working on a Sunday with no game on.

No idea if this is true but it wouldn't shock me. He hadn't played football in 18months and probably as keen as a march hare. Worrying though if true.

How has he got an injury he didn't do anything in the few minutes he played

hopeful this is fake news. if he has injured himself again so soon he aint never comin back

Shades of Stu Holden if true.

Looking forward to people coming along and telling us there’s nothing wrong with what we do in training and every team gets 3 injuries a week in training.

I'd say that if the problem is the squad is thin and the injuries are due to repetitive stress, there probably isn't much that's wrong. The players are going to break anyway, and they're statistically more likely to break in training (where they spend more time) than in a match.

It's a Sophie's Choice - you can undertrain to try to compensate, but then they're not match fit, or you can train normally and lose players to injury.

I will say that I suspect that the club could do better with measuring the load players have been carrying and individualizing training regimens. But I also suspect that the root cause of the injury problems over the years has been insufficient depth.

Shades of Stu Holden if true.

I'd say that if the problem is the squad is thin and the injuries are due to repetitive stress, there probably isn't much that's wrong. The players are going to break anyway, and they're statistically more likely to break in training (where they spend more time) than in a match.

It's a Sophie's Choice - you can undertrain to try to compensate, but then they're not match fit, or you can train normally and lose players to injury.

I will say that I suspect that the club could do better with measuring the load players have been carrying and individualizing training regimens. But I also suspect that the root cause of the injury problems over the years has been insufficient depth.

Why would players get injured in training due to extra workload? They’re all doing the same amount of training. I don’t think it has anything to do with squad depth tbh. We actually have a huge squad, problem is it’s full of absolute mud which makes it feel like it’s small.

Status
Not open for further replies.