2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with the price tag and the problems we still face in midfield, he's already got a lot of weight on his shoulders regardless. Add in the social media generation giving it beans after every mistake he makes, he suddenly becomes a shadow of himself , full of doubt already due to two potential career ending injuries within 12 months.
Or, if he is gifted with an ounce of common sense, he just stays off social media?

Admittedly this is tangential to the discussion about Gbamin but I simply cannot fathom why people think it's ok for highly-paid professionals to blame "the added pressure from social media comments and criticism" as a reason for a dip in form, confidence or performance when they can simply not have a social media account that is identifiable with them.

It may not be realistic, but I really want the lad to do well. We need a midfielder to protect the back 4, but I like to see players prove people wrong and overcome setbacks. The chances of him being really good straight away are slim, so this will be a gradual process.

For a bit of perspective, he's been out about 3 times as long as Gomes was, and he's still struggling with the pace of the league. I really hope he can turn into a useful player for us.

Maybe if Gbamin is able to string a few passes together and make a tackle it may teach Andre "I'm still getting back to fitness after my injury" Gomes that he needs to start earning his coin.

your foreseen he was going to get 2 terrible injuries? are you a psychic?
Did I mention injuries? The fee, unknown reputation, lack of competition for his signing and people who had seemingly scouted him and failed on so many others in recent times were enough to convince me he'd probably turn out another expensive flop. Hardly rocket science really.

We bought Bamin and it was a gas...
Soon turned out he had legs of glass
He seemed like the real thing, only to find
Jean-Philippe's, nowhere to find

i went Crystal Palace away and it’s the Worst debut I’ve ever seen,the ball was like a hot potato to him
I didn't want to say it, but yes, he looked nowhere near the quality needed in the few minutes he played for us. To expect him to come back and make an actual difference is laughable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.