2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're happy that a footie player can earn 60 grand a week and never play a game whilst the average joe can barely afford to miss a days work through illness?

And we wonder why we live in a Tory Society these days.
I don’t think anyone is deluded. Players and their agents wouldn’t sign up to those contracts. We wouldn’t be able to sign anyone .

"Abandoning the injured" yeah im sure Fabian Delph will be going straight to the food bank once Everton no longer pay him to sit on the treatment bench

Meanwhile the average on minimum wage in his 2 bed terrace can't afford to miss a days work through illness as they wont get paid or potentially the boss boots them outta job.

Defending millionaire footballers and their wealthy agents exploiting the industry to line their pockets is scandalous - its up there with people defending players for diving "oh he felt a touch thats why he rolled around on the floor screaming holding his foot".

The sooner football cleans its act up the better.

Anyone injured on the job should continue to be paid in full during their recovery including footballers

I don’t think anyone is deluded. Players and their agents wouldn’t sign up to those contracts. We wouldn’t be able to sign anyone .

Which is why im saying football has to be better regulated - if every PL club put in these clauses then players wouldn't have the choice and clubs wrestle poor back from these agents who are running the game we love.

I just live in the real world - you turn up to work 3 days in over 2 years and see how long you're still earning minimum wage never mind 60k+ a week.

Or better yet go down my gym and ask the lads if they aint fighting do they still earn money and see what the answer is.

Reality is football contracts are absolutely bonkers and changes are needed across the board. Its not fair that Everton can be hamstrung via FFP etc by someone like Delph never playing.
Football contracts are bonkers because it enables so many people, players and agents mostly, to suck all the money that is generated by the game into their pockets. Nothing is going to change as long as there's mountains of cash to be made out of it.

What Everton could do is stop being so generous giving players with injury prone history well payed contracts. Let some other clubs be suckered into taking the chance that a player like Delph, who showed ability before getting hit with injury, hoping that he might be able to stay fit and realize that early potential.

I think Gbamin had previous injuries in the same area at the start of the season that reoccurred when he signed for us. Makes you wonder if he was not far away from a major injury but we took the chance just to get some transfer business done.

Very logical conclusion.......
It’s just so easy to get to the top of any field. Ignore the hours of work and dedication to get there. Ignore the demand for such roles. And how many people actually want to do that. Just ignore the complete gulf in class and training and conviction.

Your average joe should just be able to rock up on a Monday morning with absolutely zero experience or qualifications and get paid mega bucks. Or at least shouldn’t be paid less than people operating at the highest levels in their field.

I just live in the real world - you turn up to work 3 days in over 2 years and see how long you're still earning minimum wage never mind 60k+ a week.

Or better yet go down my gym and ask the lads if they aint fighting do they still earn money and see what the answer is.

Reality is football contracts are absolutely bonkers and changes are needed across the board. Its not fair that Everton can be hamstrung via FFP etc by someone like Delph never playing.
You’re not, but please tell us more about employment law and “ye matezzz down de gym”

No. It’s simple economics. How many people can operate at the highest level in sport relative to the number of people who watch.

Now compare that to the jobs your ‘average joe’ are doing and the supply of other people who can do it.

The system isn’t ‘broken’. There are plenty of jobs that pay a premium just because there are only a few people who can do it.

You can't tell me that a top end league one player couldn't do what Fabian Delph does.

Yet said League One player is probably on a few grand a week at best compared to Delph on 60k+ a week who plays about twice a season.

There is something wrong there but clubs are too scared to change anything as the players and agents hold all the cards.

Fans could help clubs with a push for reform but as this thread shows the average fan is deluded enough to think someone like Sanchez on
300k a week at Utd is one lost paycheck away from having to sign on Universal Credit and being in rent arrears when the reality is they have multi millions stashed away and never have to work another day in their lives if they didn't want to.

You can't tell me that a top end league one player couldn't do what Fabian Delph does.

Yet said League One player is probably on a few grand a week at best compared to Delph on 60k+ a week who plays about twice a season.

There is something wrong there but clubs are too scared to change anything as the players and agents hold all the cards.

Fans could help clubs with a push for reform but as this thread shows the average fans is deluded enough to think someone like Sanchez on
300k a week at Utd is one lost paycheck away from having to sign on Universal Credit and being in rent arrears when the reality is they have multi millions stashed away and never have to work another day in their lives if they didn't want to.

Think about what you are saying. If league one players could play in the PL they would. How do you think a league one team does in the PL?

So you're happy that a footie player can earn 60 grand a week and never play a game whilst the average joe can barely afford to miss a days work through illness?

And we wonder why we live in a Tory Society these days.

Tory society? Your the one who is suggesting penalising someone because they are physically incapable of doing there job.
That's the fundamental principle of Toryism.

You can’t legally stop paying a player because they got injured, same way you can’t legally sack/release a player for being injured. It’s the sporting equivalent of paying sick pay for illnesses or family emergencies

You can’t legally stop paying a player because they got injured, same way you can’t legally sack/release a player for being injured. It’s the sporting equivalent of paying sick pay for illnesses or family emergencies

But you can legally structure contracts based on pay ie. Delph earns 60k a week however if he misses set number of games or doesnt meet certain targets i.e. goals/assists etc etc that 60k a week is halved to 30k with the remaining 30k based on pay as you play or performances like many people on commission etc.

Football clubs would love to implement it but the agents run the game and hold all the cards. The fans are also gullible enough to think that players should be paid multi million contracts no matter how often they actually are doing their jobs or to the level required.

Morgan Schneiderlin on 120k a week putting in half arsed performances is sickening but hey ho the fans think thats acceptable so the gravy train keeps on rolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.